cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor record gets updated when BP role validity is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to create BP from existing vendors using T code FLBPC1. Once BP is created, the default role validity period is changed using transaction 'BP'. During this process of changing the role validity period certain fields in the vendor record gets updated (in table LFA1). This is happening only during the change activity and not during the creation of BP. I have gone through the customizing and everything seems fine. I am not sure why this is happening.

Pl. help in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Amitava Nandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitava,

Can you please let us know what fields in the vendor record are getting updated.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Sorry for the delay. Changes take place in the following fields:

1) LFA1-GBORT -  Existing data gets blanked out

2) LFA1-PSON1 -  previously blank field gets populated with value in NAME1 field

3) LFA1-PSON2 -  Previously blank field gets populated with value in NAME2 field

4) LFBK-BVTYP -  Previously blank field gets populated with value '0001'.

Thanks,

Amitava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitava,

The fields which you have mentioned are getting updated because there might be any inconsistencies between both the screens i.e. one of BP and other of Vendor master.

The fields mentioned above are name1,name2 and birth place which are getting updated were either not filled in vendor aster but in BP or vice versa.

Please check and confirm the same.

Regards,

Sid