cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to checkout NWDI code with NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with checking out NWDI DC component and java file.  When I tried to edit the java file, the above pop shows.  However, no activity is created when I edit the java file and the code changes are not reflected at deployment.  I have tried to create different workspaces but that do not help.  I am able to connect to the DTR and CBS.  Am I missing some configuration on NWDS?  Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are in latest nwds, i think it created a activity for you directly. just go to activity view to check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  No activity is created in the DI perspective.  Also, the new code cannot be compiled and deployed to the Portal. 

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using right version of nwds?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am using NWDS 7.3 SP07 as depicted below. 

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you ever checked out any code successfully?

are you sure this is the right version for your dev?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am able to checkout BPM task and component.  I am also able to checkout view component.  The problem only occur when I try to edit the source (.java) file.

My sources are synched to the latest version on the right track.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the popup is normal, nothing wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The popup is not the issue.  The issue is that no activity is created when source file (.java) are modified and the modified source code cannot be deployed to the development server.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

if you have an activity which hasn't been yet checked in, then no additional activity gets created. If you check in that activity and start altering a .java file, then a new activity has to be created (this has to happen any time you see that popup you attached at your initial post). This is how it shall normally work I have to add. If you switch on the activity creation prompt (in NWDS preferences -- Window -- Development Infrastructure -- Component Build Server) then no popup comes for activity creation, but a new activity with name "default" will be created you can see in the "Open activities" view (NWDS -- Window -- Show View -- Open Activites).

Are you sure that the activity is not there in the "Open activities" view ?

What can you see of your activities if you do an activity search on the DTR  (http://<yourhost>:<yourport>/dtr/system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery) ? Do this query for dev/inactive workspace. If an activity was created, then it should be visible there with status "open".

If this is not the case then this might be an NWDS bug as well. Check the ".log" file in the ".metadata" folder of your "<nwds workspace>" (not in "<nwds workspace>.jdi" folder).

You can also try to reproduce it with another NWDS you can get from here:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Download+links

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin