cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization to purchase from product category XXXXXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently refreshed our Quality system with a copy of production: The SRM/ECC system had been setup successfully and everything seems to be working fine except the Material Shopping Cart scenario.

The issue is: In the SRM portal, when we try to create a shopping cart through "Internal Goods/Services" the search option for “Product Id” is not working (i.e. we are not able to see any material in the search criteria even though all the materials had been replicated from ECC system to SRM system) and If we key in any material manually to create a shopping cart and press enter the system reads the “Material Description” and “UOM” but when we press enter again getting an error as "No authorization to purchase from product category XXXXXXX". The user is setup in org. structure in such a way that this particular material group is given in the "Extended Attributes" with the correct backend system.

I am not able to find what is causing this issue. Please share your thoughts on the same.

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the product category which you are trying to purchase in pposa_bbp this is a key step

go to txn pposa_bbp and enter the product categories in extended attributes product categories and then try doing the same action it should work . Please share steps and screenshot here if it does not !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thanks for your response!.

Yes, the product category has been maintained under "Extended Attributes". Please note that I am able to create a shopping cart using the option "Describe what you need" for the same product category.

Steps that I am following to create a shopping using "Internal Goods/Services":

• Click on "Shop"
  • Click on "Internal Goods/Services"
  • Try to search for a product ID
  • No search results found, even though the material masters have been replicated from ECC to SRM successfully
  • Manually enter a material #    
  • When I press enter the “Description” and “Unit” values populated from backend system - Please see the attached screen shot (When I press ENTER.jpg)
  • When I press “OK”, getting an error message as "No authorization to purchase from product category '010104002'" - Please see the attached screen shot (When I press OK.jpg)

Regards

Abhilash

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhilash,

check materials replicated in SRM exist in language used to create the Shopping Cart.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I have checked the Materials in SRM and the language is ENGLISH which is being used to create the shopping cart.

Thanks

Abhilash

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

check for product category allowed or not for user is called in UPDATE_ITEM_INTERNAL method from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_BO_SC class.

Method concerned is /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_CHECK_VALUES~CHECK_PROD_CAT_AUTHORIZATION from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_CHECK_VALUES.

Put a break-point to debug: maybe you do a "Shop On-Behalf".

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your response!

The issue is like, we are trying to access the products for which the assinged product category is mapped to logical system "A" in the table entries but in the Extended Attributes the product catgory is mapped to logical system "B". Here "A" is our golden client and "B" is actual testing client.

So, in the extended attibitues i have changed the product categories to map to the logical system "A" instead of "B" and now i am able to see all the products in portal screen and able to run the end-to-end  material shopping cart scenario successfully.

In the further analysis, we have found that this issue was raised due to client copy and our BASIS team team confirmed that the issue would be taken in the future refreshes to make sure that the product category would be mapped to the correct logical system in the table entries.

Thanks

Abhilash Bollam