cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtimes for Rules with Failed Data Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on an IS 4.1 (IS 4.1 Support Pack 1 version 14.1.1.220) for a project against an ECC source system.  We have noticed excessively long run times when writing to the failed data repository (on a SQLServer DB, but we've also tried a DB2 connection) for rules that take just a couple of minutes without writing to the FDR.  One example is below for a simple rule that failed 100% of records (320k rows).  It took 4 mins without writing to the FDR and almost 9 hours writing just 320k records to the FDR. 

If I design a similar workflow in Data Services (on the same box) and write to the same DB as the FDR from the same ECC table, I see an expected run time (like 4-6 minutes) to write the full set of 320k records.

Has anyone else noticed huge increases in runtime with the FDR?  I expect some increase, but not 9 hours for that volume of records, and I don't understand why IS is taking so long when I can replicate an identical process in DS (with no bulk loading) and it takes just a few minutes?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

I've picked up your incident. Please provide me with the log from both the long and short run. Attach them to your incident and I'll update you there and here.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sending them off to have the person who submitted the ticket attach them ASAP.  Thank you!