cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I presently working as Software Testing Engineer. And having 2.4 Years Experience in same.

Now Planning for SAP QM. How much it will use for me???

If yes which institute is better in Mumbai???

Thanks.

Sanket Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket

few points must be remembered if you want to get into SAP.

• Either you have some domain experience Example: If you are interested to get into SAP QM  then you must have sme hands on experience (domain knowledge) in a process industry basically in operation/quality/materials etc.;this is not totally necessary but definitely useful.
  • If you dont have/ have any such experience then a certification will difinitely help you.
  • For institutes , see it should not be discussed in scn blog, but if you are working in any IT hub city then consult with any of your colleagues / do some google. You will definitely get any result.

Regards

Mohanty

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Mohanty has given you very useful points. You really need to understand the domain before going for consulting. If you do not know the basics, you cannot map it into SAP. Merely knowing the SAP functionality may not work. 

Regards,

ntn

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I don't see that much commonalities things between Software Testing and SAP QM.

You should ask yourself what you really want: going deeper into the Quality area (e.g. logistics/manufacturing quality) or going into the SAP applications area (I assume you are currently not working with SAP software and have no experience with it). Can you tell us?

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I had worked on SAP(End-User). But now i want to work as Consultant. So looking for SAP training(Implementation Knowledge)Can u plz guide line me.

Thanks

Sanket

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanket,

Since you were an end user, you can consult your SAP functional consultants for the certification programs. They can guide you and let you know about the best institutes available in your city.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir.

Sir they are consulting me Siemens, Gevonet, BBCL etc. But i am looking for local training initially. And much demand is for QM module.

Regards.

sanket 

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to work as a consultant, then you first have to get functional experience on Quality Management (the software system used does not matter). How else can you consult someone on implementing/enhancing SAP QM if you do not know QM processes in general and in detail?

See the blogs in the certification section of SCN on possible career paths (e.g labeled something like  "how to become a consultant").

Regards

MH

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Any module in SAP is equally good. Since you need to start up, you can start with any module to get into functional side, be it QM, PP, MM, SD or anything.

And you are in software testing, you can also go for ABAP programming and be a technical consultant.

There is lot in SAP. As far as institute is concerned, a reputed certification program in SAP would do good preferably Siemens.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir,

But i basically looking for Functionally module(Majorly into QM).

Is there any good institute accept Siemens.

Regards,

Sanket

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not much aware about the institutes. But choosing a path which you want to follow is a good thing. NO harm in going for QM.

Let some certified professional comment on this

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir,

Just waiting from Some more expert comment..

regards,

sanket