Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Heuristics Push Setting Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I see the below information for method X in push Deployment Heuristics:

If you are using strategy X( Push by Demand)

• the entire supply is distributed immediately to the demand locations for the entire planning horizon .

My question is what is: "the entire planning horizon".. what defines the entire horizon? is it for ALL demand and supplies I planned for in SNP Heuristics, e.g. 24 months future? Or is it the entire Push Deployment Horizon (as per MAT1 SNP2 tab)

SSB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii S SB,

Here is answer of your queries..

1. 1. Entire Planning horizon, means the horizon defined in the SNP Planning Book will be considered here ,

If you are using Push Deployment

• With Push by demands, the entire supply is distributed immediately to the demand locations for the entire planning horizon to cover all demands. The pull deployment horizon is ignored in this instance .

That means it'll not consider the Deployment horizon maintained at the product master at source location. It'll pick up the horizon you maintained for SNP Planning book. for your case it'lll be 24 months...

1. 2. SNP Checking horizon

It is not always less than push deployment horizon, it may be same as the push deployment horizon as well, or my be zero. it depends on business requirements

The SNP checking horizon is used in deployment to calculate the ATD to destination locations.

The SNP checking horizon controls the ATD issue calculation.

If you specify an SNP checking horizon, deployment calculates the ATD quantity for a period within the SNP checking horizon by adding the ATD receipts for the current period and the past periods and subtracting all ATD issues within the SNP checking horizon.

For example if you maintained SNP checking horizon is 10 days , the sales order lies on the 11th day will not be considered for calculation of ATD issue.

You can go through SAP Help, its well defined with examples..

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thanks..

So just to confirm, when deployment push method X is used in Deployment Heuristics the deployment push horizon is NOT used, it simply uses the full planning book horizon?

So if my planning book is 24 months, my deployment push horizon is 22 days and my SNP checking horizon is 7 days it will......attempt to run push deployment X across 24 months but only consider 7 days when gathering the ATD receipt and ATD issues? so in effect it will only create any deployment STR's for 7 days?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Debashish ,

I believe it will only ignore pull horizon but it will not ignore Deployment horizon

Deployment Heuristic - Deployment - SAP Library

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to expand in my question...

The SNP Checking Horizon... why would that ever be less than the Push Deployment Horizon, assuming a Push deployment method is selected.

I cant think of any logical reason, eg Push deployment horizon is 28, SNP checking is 7.

Surely this would result in the deployment heuristic only working for 7 days limited by checking horizon? SO the 28 day setting for push deployment is kind of redundant?