cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP gurus ,

I am facing issue with batch creation.When I create process order and create the batch for the same order it creates the batch but shows error(Please see the attachment) as "Error at batch number range selection". and the batch which is getting created is different than what I maintained in number range for batch in SNRO. Here I want to state that the same number range is maintained in production support system and in that system its working fine.

What could be the reason for this error and from where this different batch number is getting created???

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like a user exit issue.  (BTW: Didn't see an attachment).

It sounds like you have internal number range assigned but then something is trying to put in a batch number outside the range, that errors out an automatic assignment is made.  Or maybe it's the other way around?

Either way... it sounds like a user exit issue in your batch numbering.  Has this just started to happen?  What changes were made in your system recently?

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

Thanks for reply and sorry for late reply.The issue was with number range object.Two number range objects were maintained.Now its working fine

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for closing the loop on this!!!!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

Thanks for reply .

It started happening recently and there are no changes are made recently in the system.Also If it is user exit issue ,it should happen to both the system but in production support system which is copy of production system its working fine.

Regards ,

Pritam

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Computers never lie.  🙂  They do exactly what they are told.  Rarely do we see a random flip of a binary 1 and 0 anymore.   

There has to have been a change somewhere.  Was the profile change in the material master so that maybe a different order type is being used in prod then in support system? 

Did you review the material master changes in prod against the material master changes in support?

Craig