cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong history calculating in Demand Planning_Curious Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have facing the issue in Demand Planning for wrong history key figure calculation, below are the details.

Forecasting takes place with auto engine run i.e. process chain. When run process chain it calculates the history in DP planning book, but the volume is low. If run the forecasting manually (univariate) it corrects the data (if blank after process chain run, it changes to 100 for example after manual run, or if its 1000 it changes to 1200 for example after manual run).

Process Chain has same profile used which we use to run manually.

When I see the logs in process chain it says 500 CVC's processed, 100 succesfully saved and 400 contatined errors. (cheked the CVC's and they look good).

When see the individual errors, for errored CVC's, it says error while reading the forecast profile.

Characteristic combination: XXX1000

Following forecast profile selected: ZABC_PR1

Error while reading the forecast profile

Aggregation level in PC and during manual run is same.

STRANGE BEHAVIOUR : PC is reading another forecast profile which is really not the part of it, below are individual message

Characteristic combination: XXX2000

Following forecast profile selected: ZABC_TEST

Outlier correction performed; 29 outlier(s) corrected

Can anybody please suggest, why above behaviour is started as we havent changed anythhing associated to process chain. Also, why PC reading another forecast profile which is not the part and is cretaed for testing purpose only (some times ppl use for testing but I believe it should not highlight in process chain logs).

Please let me know if need further information to undersatnd the issue.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak, Maybe you have some forecast profile assignment in /sapapo/msdp_fcst2. You can check it, but it sometimes difficult since you'll need to understand selection IDs (hopefully you know it). But anyway, if you want the DP background job to always pick the forecast profile you specified in the activity, you can set the below setting to your forecast activity in /sapapo/mc8t.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your reply on this.

As you suggested, I have cheked the profile assignment in msdp_fcst2 and found (job ID selection kept blank) other profile than assigned in process chain (test profile) is also present for some selection entries with different strategies.

I see no enteries for any assignment in msdp_fcst2 if I select specific job which mentioned in process chain.

In our case, ideally only one profile (say ZABC_PR1 which is used in process chain step) with strategy 56 should available for all selections but it wont.

I believe, above unsynchronization causing the volume differenece when calculating corrected history using process chain run and manual run. I have limited knowledge and experties as a beginner, can you please suggest further if need to change the assignment and stretegies which are wrongly assigned in masdp_fcst2.

Also, what could be the cause for below forecast profile reading error.

Characteristic combination: XXX1000

Following forecast profile selected: ZABC_PR1

Error while reading the forecast profile

Regards,

Deepak Girme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody please suggest on query.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak, assignment in //msdp_fcst is created when you run forecast interactively with "save assignment of selection f " on. System will automatically check the assignment for the relevant selection during forecast run, if an assignment is found, it will use the assignment here. Of course you can delete the assignment here. But for DP background job, you can just use the setting in //mc8t I mentioned last time, which will ensure only the profile specified in the activity to be used during background run.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding "Error while reading the forecast profile",, it would be hard to know the reason at this time, but suggest you to do the following:

1)Make sure the forecast profile exists in /sapapo/mc96b.

(Is ZABC_PR1 as master profile or univariante profile?)

And make sure you have correct settings in /sapapo/mc96b.

2)Make some change and change back for the activity in /sapapo/mc8t and trigger save of the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

ZABC_PR1 is the master profile and ZABC_Auto56 is the univariate profile; both are the part of activity "DP forecast" and assigned in the background planning job to calculate the forecast.

Yesterday, though forecast profile was available with correct assignment, I have just saved the profile in change mode without any changes. I deleted the the wrong assignments of parents and forecast profile (other than ZABC_PR1) in /sapapo/masdp_fcst2 and run the process chain and found no errors at all.

I wonder if that resolved the issue.

Can you please provide expert judgement whether the assignments generated automatically (we dont do assignments specifially) in /sapapo/masdp_fcst2 when we try to run the forecast manually with different test profiles makes the process chain to pick these profiles? Ideally, it should not because process chain is specifiacally guided to pick profile ZABC_PR1 and not any other.

Please provide your valuable inputs so that I can close the thread with full rewards.

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards,

Deepak Girme

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak, everything is contolled by the said setting which was menitoned many times by me.

If you set it, background job will never pick other profile, while if you do not set it, it will pick the one in /sapapo/msdp_fcst2 first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ada...

Closing the thread you with full credit.

Regards,

Deepak Girme

Answers (0)