cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running FIORI App Locally

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to run Leave Approval App on a local server (via XAMPP). I have downloaded the code and have imported it to my Eclipse. When I tried accessing the application on the browser. The UI part seems to be fine but I'm having problem accessing the OData which is on a different server (not local). I was expecting just CORS error but the OData that is being retrieved is the local OData which is non-existed.

I have already modified the path in web.xml

<servlet>

<servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-class>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/sap/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<context-param>

<param-name>com.sap.ui5.proxy.REMOTE_LOCATION</param-name>

<param-value>http://xx.xx.xxx.xx:8000/sap/</param-value> <!---location of odata-->

</context-param>

I wonder if I have to do reverse proxy on the webserver. Configuring the config files of XAMPP.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

WouterLemaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend to configure your local xampp as a reverse proxy. As you can see in your first 404 error, he puts the path of the request behinds the ip of your localhost...

Here an example of configuring your xampp:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/04/12/configure-apache-reverse-proxy-for-co...

Kind regards,

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done a reverse proxy on our local xampp. Unfortunately, we have a problem with our company's proxy if we are using reverse proxy. Anyway, I guess there's no other way. Will still hope for an answer for my solution though.

Answers (0)