cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability control is not checking while MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Carlos's discussion http://scn.sap.com/message/10354754 , Just wanted to understand why availability control is not checked while performing MIRO? We have a case where we have one PO of $2000 raised using the WBS element with budget of $2000(including 5% threshold). There is no GR done yet, now when i try to post IR (MIRO) of $3000, system should basically hard stop to post the invoice, but to strange it allowed without any error.

Is this as per standard SAP design and if yes, what is the business logic behind having this functionality? or if this is a bug, how can it be fixed? is there any SAP note to avoid this?

Note: We have activated availability control for all activity group also error message is maintained in the config.

Any Help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Yes it is correct by standard there is not budget availability check in GR and IR ( i will try to explain in which sitations there is a budget check for these documents)

You can have 2 types of unit measures:

1. Value Based Committed

2. Quantity Based Committed( used for material PO)

For quantity:

You create a PO 2 units/ $ 2000 - budget avac check,  and 2 units/ 2000 USD are committed) If you do the GR or the IR for this PO 1 or 2 units there is not budget check because it is quantity based the check.

If you invoice 2 units / $ 3000 the system won't check the budget because you have committed 2 units

If you invoice 3units / $ 3000 the system will check the budget

If you invoice 2units/ $1500 the syste won't check the budget and the comitted will be reseted to zero ( because it understad that you have invoiced your 2 quantities)

There is a BADi that you implement to check the budget availability at GR ( 696362) but as far as I know there is not solution for IR)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

I understood that budget check will be at quantity level, however i have the scenario in system where i have below case,

PO created for $2000 for quantity 1 with WBS budget of $2000(including 5% tolerance),

Case 1:- I posted invoice (MIRO) for 1 quantity and for amount $3000, but no GR yet. System allowed to post without any warning or hard stop.

Case 2:- Now, i cancelled the above invoice and do GR (MIGO) for $2000 and quantity 1, after which i tried to post an invoice (MIRO) again for $3000 for which system hard stopped and issued error message.

System is not allowing me to post more than $2000.

Can you please help me understand why for case 1 system allowed a MIRO invoice and why not for case 2?

Thanks,

Aamir

Answers (0)