Did you mean: 

Generate an output message when Sales order status change

sundancer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My requirement is the following:

I need to send the Sales order status informations to an external system,

So: every time the Sales order status change, an output message has to be generated:

Delivery status change --> generate output message

Billing staus change --> generate output message.

If no possible, I though to plug change documents on VBUK...

Do you got any trick to accomplish this requirement, sirs?

Kind regards,

Sébastien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sundancer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your support,

But it doesn't match my requirement:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough:

Once Sales order is created, there will have no more direct change (VA02) on it!

So Output message (creating an Idoc ORDERS) can not be created like you kindly suggest.

Output message has to be triggered automatically only based on the fact that SO status has change.

Any suggestion please?

Kind regards,

Sébastien

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sbastien,

Maybe maintain 'Trigger event' based on the VBUK status change for the sales order. Your ABAPer will be able to accomplish this requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also agree with Sankar balu. I had given inputs assuming order would be changing through VA02. If you want to trigger idoc when order status is changed, I think better option is to trigger an event based on VBUK status and then call FM in process code maintained in WE20.

regards,

Sagar Wagh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196686
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sundancer
Explorer
0 Kudos

former_member196686
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In what form you want to send these details to external system ? Is it through mail or idoc or both ?

If it is to be sent through idoc, then you will need to maintain partner profile in WE20 for partner type as Customer, and need to do some configuration like selecting message type as orders and basic type as orders05, then putting output type, process code. Here one imp setting is need to activate the check box "Change Message" under message control so that whenever there is change in the sales order system will trigger new idoc with new change.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar Wagh

sundancer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to your answer, Sagar Wagh,

I'll check on monday for your trick: in WE20, ticking the check box "Change message",

And let you know.

Have a great weekend,

Kind regards,

Sébastien

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is very much achieve-bale provided you have configuration & output condition record in place for the same. Refer my post in following post for further clarity.

- Notification of pricing changes to the customer

Cheers, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I checked your post on triggering mail when price changes in sales order. You have mentioned that transmission medium should be EDI in output type config.

Shouldnt it be Simple Mail so that mail would be triggered ? Because as far as I know we use EDI to trigger idoc.

Kindly correct me if I am missing anything.

regards,

Sagar Wagh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It your requirement or choice, whether you need transmission medium as EDI or simple email sent. And mind it both are used for different purpose.

Cheers, JP