Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KWMENG with negative value in table VBAP

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ALL

why/ when  the sales contract quantity is negative.

Thanks

MUTHU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally, in contract this field would always be zero and I am not sure, whether your system shows negative quantity in contract.  Only in return order, it would like that.  Nevertheless, coming to your query, if your item category is checked for "Returns" in VOV7,  quantity would be negative.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

If we activate Returns in VOV7--then system will show the net value as negative(also controllable if you maintain negative values for your condition type in pricing master data)...

Here the issue is why quantity is coming in  NEGATIVE...

Dera Muthu--are you getting negative qty in order quantity column at line item level( normally system will not allow this)--see the attachment...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if it is return order (item category REN with returns check box activated) system will not show qty in negative nor the price will be in negative. System will just treat this document and item as return order (with document category H) and return item so that after return delivery we can either provide credit or create new subsequent FOC order and send new product against return to customer.

@ muthuraman - I think in SAP standard you wont get negative qty in sales order. Kindly check you have any additional development like user exit to check certain condtion.

Hope this helps

Sagar Wagh

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Lakshmipathi sir advised may be in your case in the item category the field return check field is activated.Usually this is activated for REN.

As per my knowledge usually in the following cases system shows the qty net value in negative.

1. 1. The doc category is C (VOV8) and if you check return in VOV7

or

1. 2. For return process (REN) if you un check the field “returns”.

Thanks,

1. Srinu.

Message was edited by: Srinu S

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

This is totally based on Item Category Level (Copy Control).......

Sales Quantity Contract :  Suppose if you are creating a Sales Quotation with 10Qty and with reference to this quotation you are making an Sales 

Order for 5Qty, i.e. Out of 10Qty you had sold only 5Qty to Customer (10 - 5 = 5Qty). So at this level the Item Category AGN is updated and it's value  

comes in +ve sign.

Now in same case we had sold 5Qty to Customer and now we had only 5Qty remaining with us to sold to customer. But due to some case customer

returns the goods back to us. i.e. 5 + 5 = 10Qty. So for this item category KMN will update.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan