cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP:: EHS:: HSM::Benefits of integration of HSM with Warehouse Mgt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EHS Experts

Please help me in understanding benefits of HSM component of EHS module while GRN(T code MIGO  Goods Reciept)

I'm able to understand below things:

Somehow i've integrated HSM with Warehouse mgt and beacuse of this, while doing posting, it creates transfer order and guides hazardous material to proper storage class w.r.t storage type.

I'm not able to understand what is the advantage of this if in config already storage type sequence is maintained, will it help store person only when he selects wrong storage location ?

pl advise.

Regards

Sandeep Bajaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Hazardeous materials are different from normal Materials which may posses the Hazard to Human being , Environment while handling (Storage , Transfer from one place to another place with in the organisation/Process Handling) them on our organisation.

So for storage of hazardous material , there will dedicated areas & Storage types  will be there in the Ware house for Safe handling during emergencies.

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep

the HSM component of EHS is, as Balajee is trying to explain, dedicated normally to the decision: can I store a hazard material in this storage location (is it allowed based on existing local/regional/global regulations7legislations. You need to pay attention here,

We have an" old" HSM solution (integrated in WM) and the recent one HSM solution (integrated in eWM).

You should not use the "old" HSM solution any more.

Using SAP EHS HSM together with WM or eWM E.g. you can decide:

a.) that a material can or can not be stored in that location

b.) that a material can be stored in the same location as a different one (nearly the same check as with transport regulaiton demands)

The result is;:

a.) you avoid risks in the handling of material in the storage location

b.) on the top you can use e.g. IHS solution (contact of material to humen beeings) to may be generate a "SOP"

On the top: with eWM solution you can generate a so called "Fire Brigade list" which is needed regularly to check if there is any hazard to be considered in the case of emergency

Hope this helps.

C.B.