cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The report can not be loaded for SAP Crystal Server 2013 Evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

All , I was following the guide from  http://global12.sap.com/campaign/ne/free_trial/crystal_reports_server_2013/wty_int_crystal_reports_s... and try to integrate the SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise and SAP Crystal Server 2013 SP1 Client Tools to work together. all of them are installed without problem. But every reports I build from Sap Crystal Reports for Enterprise can not be loaded in my test vs2010 project .

So I wondered if these two can work together well. because my test code is very simple. But unfortunatedly it failed. I have been working on it for couple of days. But does't get it work.  the code and exception shows below .Please review it .

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        ReportDocument rpt = new ReportDocument();
        rpt.Load(Server.MapPath("~/test123.rpt")); // This line failed.
        System.Console.Write("ok!!!");

}

the exception says :

Load report failed.

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\Study\VS2010\WebSite3\Default.aspx.cs:line 16

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Did I miss something or do something wrong ? Please help me . thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

You are getting the correct exception. CR .NET runtime will not load CR for Enterprise Reports.

Build your reports using the Windows version of Crystal Reports.

CR for Enterprise Reports can only be used in BI 4.x Enterprise Servers as managed reports.

Found this WIKI that explains it:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/From+Crystal+Reports+2008+to+SAP+Crystal+Reports+2011+or+S...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks your nice answer, I will try to deploy the report from CR for Enterprise Reports to CR Server.

Best Regards & Wish

Joe.wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Could you please to help review my last comments ? I still have some problems.

And the last post of you show me the difference of SAP Crystal Reports 2011 and SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise. But I want to know the difference of SAP Crystal Reports 2013 and SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4. Please Help me .Thanks.

Best Regards & Wish

Joe Wang

0 Kudos

Correct, CR for Enterprise Reports can NOT be open using either of the SDK's, .NET or Java.

I have to get clarification what the info in the Wiki means:

There is no Java or .NET SDK to create standalone 2 tier applications or to create applications that create or modify SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise, however applications can be created with the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SDK  to use the BI4.0 platform servers to manage, schedule and view reports for both SAP Crystal Reports 2011 and  SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise.

My question is can you view a successful instance of a scheduled report???? without opening the report...

I'll get back to you with this...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Forgive me I am not familiar with the CMS and the concept "scheduled report" which is what you mentioned before . I was still stuck with how to schedule a report and how to view it .So far I just knew add the report to the folder .

Anyway I will follow your advice and try to work with the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SDK  to view the report from CR for Enterprise . Thank you give me so much help so far. Have a good day .

Best Regards & Wishes

Joe Wang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things:

1.  Did you download and install the latest version of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio?  Or are you using the .NET SDK that comes with the Client Tools?  If you want to work with reports that are not in SAP BusinessObjects or Crystal Reports Server, you need Crystal Reports for Visual Studio (version 13.x assemblies.

2.  Crystal Reports for Enterprise is specifically designed to work with either Crystal Reports Server or SAP BusinessObjects - I don't think you can just load the .rpt file it creates because I think you need to have an EnterpriseSession established in order to be able to access the report (someone, probably Ludek, will correct me if I'm wrong!).  If you don't have either of those, you're not going to be able to load the report.  From the syntax you're using, you need to do one of two things after installing Crystal Reports for Visual Studio:

a.  Design your report inside VS.

b.  Install Crystal Reports 2011 or 2013 and design your report there and add it to your project.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks your kindly answer and so much helpful information for the Newbie like me .

1. I just installed the Client Tools which include the .NET SDK. and What I tried to do is loading report in my web site using the Client Tools .NET SDK instead in SAP BusinessObjects or Crystal Reports Server.

2. I will follow your instructions and try deploy the report built from CR for Enterprise Reports

to the Crystal Reports Servers. Thanks.

Best Regards & Wish

Joe Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Following your instructions ,I did some test. Please help to review it .

I add the report generated by CR for Enterprise Reports to the Crystal Report Server 2013. and I can view the report directly in the CR Report Server Management Console.

But It can't be opened in the asp.net web page.

the code is below.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="XReport.aspx.cs" Inherits="XReport" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=14.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Crystal Reports Viewer</title>

<link href="https://answers.sap.com/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50701/CrystalReportWebFormViewer3/css/default.css"

rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="True" />

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

in the c# code .

EnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = null;

SessionMgr sessionMgr = new SessionMgr();

try

{

enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.Logon(userName, userPassword, serverName, "secEnterprise");

}catch (Exception ex)

{

this.Response.Output.Write("<font face='Arial Unicode MS'>" + ex.Message + "\n</font>");

}

EnterpriseService enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("RASReportFactory");

ReportAppFactory reportAppFactory = (ReportAppFactory)enterpriseService.Interface;

//find the report id, and stored it to variable reportId

ReportClientDocument reportClientDocument = new ReportClientDocument();

reportClientDocument = reportAppFactory.OpenDocument(reportId, 0); //reportId is the report Id which stored in the CR Server 2013.

In the last code the report open failed and the exception says

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

And the more interesting thing is If I reopened the original report from CR for Enterprise in the CR 2013, and save it in there . the above code works fine!!

So my question is why the report generated from CR for Enterprise doesn't work for my case ? Please help me .Thanks

Best Regards & Wish

Joe Wang

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're just opening the report and not doing anything to modify it, you might want to look at using an OpenDocument call instead.  You can get more information about how to use OpenDocument at help.sap.com/bobip.

-Dell