cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a WPC page as Home page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Portal 7.31. We have a requirement to show a WPC page as the home page. This page shouldn't show up in Navigation, and should only be the page you go when you first land in portal after login.

This is our proposed Role structure:

Role

- Home (a WPC page, which we don't want to show up in navigation TLN or DTN, but only during portal launch)

- Workset A

- Area A

-Page A1

-Page A2

- Workset B

- Area B

-Page B1

-Page B2

and so on...

I have already created a WPC Area by name Home with a page Home and added as a connection to the Role. But whenever I make it not visible in navigation, it doesn't show up when I go to the portal URL (http://host:port/irj).

Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help in this regard?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

this should help you:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2013/04/10/wpc-pages-and-navigation-properties

A premise in your case is your WPC entry page is the default one for the role, I hope I understood you right

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for that, I gave it a try on our 7.4 portal.

The issue is the HOME page (which is a WPC page with a Page ID, that is added as a connection to the role), still shows up in the Top Level Navigation. We are not able to make it the default entry for the user as soon as he logs in, while keeping it invisible in navigation area.

Our requirement is to have a WPC page as the home page, but not show it in the navigation menus. The only way to see this page is to do a fresh login or clicking on the masthead logo.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

The issue is the HOME page (which is a WPC page with a Page ID, that is added as a connection to the role), still shows up in the Top Level Navigation. We are not able to make it the default entry for the user as soon as he logs in, while keeping it invisible in navigation area.

Our requirement is to have a WPC page as the home page, but not show it in the navigation menus. The only way to see this page is to do a fresh login or clicking on the masthead logo.

Thanks!

just to be sure: you set "entry point" to true and "visible" of your WPC connector to false? As I already mentioned, I didnt tryed it on my own, but according to my own logic, this should work. Would you post a screenshot of appropriate role content? Thanks,

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Here is the screenshot of the role now. The Home page shows up, but also shows up in navigation too. When I make visible unchecked, it not only disappears from navigation but also doesn't show up when we login to portal as the default entry page.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that looks right to me. "Visible" shouldnt be activated, but you wrote you have tried this. I have installed a local EP 7.4 VM last week and would try it on my own to verify how it works in general. Ajay, is it very urgent? Otherwise I would ask you to give me some time to reproduce this, since Im busy with other tasks actually.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not super urgent (got 2 more weeks before the demo). Would really appreciate if you could try and see if its any different at your end.

Thanks!