Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEM: Recorded HTTP Script takes much less time to run

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recorded a End User Experience Monitoring  http script for Promotions. The script itself is running fine. But the issue is that when I recorded the script, few steps took long time(10-20 secs) to complete. But when I run the script through the EEM editor or  through robots, the script finishes in few milliseconds. I verified by going through the steps manually  that were recorded and not even in one instance, the response time was less than 8 secs.

Has anybody experienced this discrepancy in time between actually running through the steps and through EEM editor or through a robot.

Regards,

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Ashutosh also consider to, that when you are testing the script its running in a Java application, in my case I keep the following things in mind:

1. This is to ensure the script will run and variable information work as expected.
  2. Thresholds/baselines are created that carry over to SolMan.

So I wouldn't be overly concerned about it taking longer for you then the robot infrastructure, as you typically only need to run it once.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

let me give you some explanations.

1) The execution in a browser can differ from the time in the recording tool (EEM-Recorder).

2) The replay in the EEM-Editor as well on the robot simulates the network activities only. Client rendering times are excluded.

3) Think times are excluded from the script by default. That means typical user reaction times are also excluded. Think times can be included but they are not automatically added.

4) Caching is enabled by default. The editor disables cached steps in the script by default. Therefore bigger downloads like pictures are not executed. You can enable such steps in the editor.

Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

If your script is running then there won't be any issue,

There are many reason,

-EEM is using Http connection ( closely depends on network speed) and other thing which i noticed eem script s not like TBOM or other testing scripts, this is purely for monitoring performance and availability so it always count the start and end point, it never do any coding at back.

The other details listed out reasons refer the FAQ

FAQ - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki

Refer the questions - Why show HTTP scripts executed by EEM Robots sometimes higher / different response times in comparison to a manual execution of the business transaction in a browser?

Best regards

Jansi