cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid 'overlap' in rescheduling of a resource?

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As part of the business requirement, the resource in APO should have NO overlap based from the results of Rescheduling. Can you help me avoid those 'overlaps'? I checked the PDS and the mode (Overlap field) is Overlap relevant. How can I change that to non-relevant? Is there a master data config for that? Thanks!

Basically, the user don't want to have overlap from the rescheduling results. Thanks!

Regards,

AA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

What detail scheduling heuristic  you are using for resource scheduling...If you are using standard Reschedule  heuristic, then you need to attach a Finite scheduling strategy profile also. Then only you can find finite scheduling without overlap in the resource..

let me know if you need any more help

Regards

Debashis

former_member215376
Participant

Thanks Debashis,

Issue was because an updated resource in APO. By Rescheduling, the overlaps are gone but the Priority is not aligned with the Availability dates. By running standard Heuristics scheduling with strategy, the overlaps occured again. We run again rimodini for the resource and repeat the latter steps. Now it's giving good results (i.e. without overlaps and with correct priority).

Regards,

AA

Answers (0)