cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material stock - MBEW, MCHB and MBEWH, MCHBH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used HANA to report historical period Stock volumes and Values.  We currently do this in BW today but need logic int he extractors to understand the tables. The SAP implementation of the history tables is not very friendly (I'm putting this politely!). See the following SCN document discussing the complications of these tables http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42476, in particular the issue if there is no movement in a specific month SAP do not post an entry in the table, you need to look at earlier months to find the stock.

I know I can use DXC and pull the data into HANA using the extractor logic, but I was just wondering if anyone has conquered these tables in HANA usling SLT.  I notice the HANA live has MBEW and MCHB but they have not tackled the history tables yet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find that too but failed, we have to load the historical data into BI.

Are you using these?

Inventory Management Valuated Stock - SAP HANA Live for SAP ERP - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No not using the HANA live for this - as always the SAP delivered content is always very simplistic - in this case it only looks at the current tables and not the history.

We have however built a model in HANA to get the correct information from the history tables and the movements, we are then running the model via SQL for each historical month and staging the data in a new HANA table that can then be easily used in other HANA models.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This makes sense but I struggle to see how you manage snapshots? Surely the physical HANA tables need to be exposed manually on a daily/weekly/monthly basis? This sounds like a lot of administration overhead.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I don't know that anyone did this yet. Interested to hear if they have.

BW does a good job of this!

John

Thanula
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Please make a note on the below points which will help you to write the logic.

Period Opening will not update MCHB or MCHBH.

Initial Posting to current period (Eg 2024/02)

MCHB- Entry will be posted for the current period with the Qty (2024/02)

MCHBH- Entry will be posted to the previous period with a Qty of Zero (2024/01)

Subsequent posting ( Eg 2024/02)

MCHB- Existing entry will be updated with the Qty(2024/02)

MCHBH- No impact

Assume no posting to the next period (2024/03) and a posting is done to the following period (2024/04)

MCHB- Exiting entry will be updated with the new period (2024/04) and Qty

MCHBH- Will be updated with the entry which was available in MCHB for previous Period (2024/02). No entry available for 2024/03.

Back dated posting

MCHB- Will be updated to reflect the current stocks

MCHBH- If an entry exist for the period entered, Qty will be updated. If not, a new line will be entered.