SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using segment in DFKKOP during billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to fill the segment field in the table DFKKOP during the billing in ISU.

We want to use the segment used in the revenue entry (table DFKKOPK) and put it also in the DFKKOP. This segment is defined in the contract (table EVER)

In customizing we could only have the segment in the revenue entry.

is there an event or a way to have it also in the DFKKOP?

regards,

Amine.

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amine:

I am not clear about your issue.  You can assign segment for both revenue and receivable.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your answer.

I think your screen shoot is for a manuel posting.

We need it to be automatically filled during the billing.

Is there a way fo have it automatically filled?

Regards,

Amine.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can  do it through  event 1100 and 1102 . For detailed documentation look into the following Notes

1) 1469741 - Segment derivation in IS-U.

2) 1469556 - Derivating segment in FI-CA

0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

We use event 2612 in FQEVENTS for additional account assignment during billing in FI-CA for the public sector, segment is available in the table where you can do changes. It might be that it only sets it for the G/L item but it could be worth a try. There are many events to search among so you might find another that fits even better. I have a similar request but I want to set different segments for the BP and G/L postings and as you pointed out the suggestion from William only works for manual postings.

Another option might/could be to activate document splitting in the general ledger but that will affect more than just your FI-CA postings.

Best of luck!

/ Mikael