cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make relational universe connection to BW in IDT 4.1 for Lumira ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have information design tool (IDT) 4.1 and I would need to make a universe that I would use in Lumira and Business objects explorer.

I have the latest version BO 4.1 support pack 1 patch 3 available but there does not seem to be anymore relational connection available.

So my question is :

is there a way to make .UNX universe using BW as a datasource ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to create a UNX on BW then you need to create a relational connection with a Java Connector (JCO) to the SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse (BW.)

Please visit this link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31890

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Please read my question carefully. I was talking about IDT 4.1 Version.

In there you don't have anymore SAP netviewer business warehouse connection.

Also your link points to the old IDT 4.0 version.

Thanks

Iiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iiro,

actually I fully agree with Vivek, that process has not changed between BI 4.0 to 4.1.

Are you not able to see the JCo connection driver under SAP NetWeaver BW?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello iiro,

4.1 is an upgrade on top of 4.0, the product functionality still remains the same.

You will not find this connectivity if you are trying to create local project.

Please connect to "Repository Explorer" and then create a relational connection which is based in JCO (java connector), after this you can create data foundation and then business layer.

Give it a try it will work for you.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

There I'm getting fallowing error, when tryimg to make the connection;

Error:

[Data Federator Driver] No data federation service was found. Reported error: 'com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$AllServicesDown: Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster hgrsh@:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

detail:Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)'

Cause of Error

No data federation service was found. Reported error: 'com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$AllServicesDown: Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

detail:Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)'

Cause of Error

Unable to find servers in CMS hgrsh1700:6400 and cluster @hgrsh1700:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014

Also we started the server again and in CMC all the services are running, but still getting this error in IDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the screenshot for the step where you are getting this error.

make sure you have "Data Federation Service" under APS server in your environment.

Thanks,

Vivek