cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have same width for two groups in ABAP WEBDYNPRO ?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created two groups and there width is not same,So the UI does not look good. The reason for this is that in one group there are 20 fields(elements) aligned in two columns one by one.So, it becomes wider.But Group 2 has only one field so the width is not getting set according to the first one.

Any suggestions please ?

let me know if you need any more clarification.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Group UI elements have a width property which you can use to set the width of a Group to a specific dimension. Just make sure the width is large enough to include all elements inside the Group, otherwise the Group will stretch to accommodate its elements.

In the example below I have assigned a width of 30ex to each Group.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amy, what is the difference between ex and px regarding width or height.. ?

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

EX is similar to EM in that it references a dimension relative to the current font. In general, 1em is the size of a capital letter M in the current font (which is how it got its name), and 1ex is half the size of 1em.

PX stands for pixels, so a dimension given in pixels remains the same regardless of the font. A more complicated explanation can be found here: W3Schools: CSS Units

Cheers,
Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As "Amy" suggested please provide same width to both group and that same width should be half of the root container(Parent of Groups), Half width when only two group you need to show row-wise , if all UI coming properly. Otherwise rest of UI will be disturbed..