cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Approval apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i want to call an app from workitem , a URL is created in attachment . from SAP GUI the URL is working , but from fiori approval app its not working.

below is my scenario.

create sales order -> workitem it generated for change -> user will get workitem in inbox -> workitem will contain link to change the sales order and mark the workitem as approved.

Is it possible to call the fiori app eg : change sales order  from approval app  ?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

I see it is not approval type workflow scenario.

Please share how does not work? Attachment is not listed or Attachment is not opened because it is hyperlink?

Can you test with PDF attachment which has hyperlink?

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I want to see the sales order before approving it , and to change sales order if possible .

I added a attachment of type URL like www.sap.com in work item , its shown in the fiori approval app but when i click on it , it doesn't work. PDF and other document attachment is working fine.

Regards

Yashpal Gupta

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Handling URL type attachment is a restriction and not supported in the current SP02.

Some better options will come in SP03. Please check SP03 when it is released.

To display application data, you can implement BAdI /IWPGW/BADI_TGW_TASK_DATA.

Could you share the "business" scenario? How and Where the original SO is created and which case the approver should change it? How often does changing SO by approver happen?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, for the information about the URL option,

below is my scenario.

Sales order created using Fiori app - sales order create.

workflow  which gets triggered when sales order create event is made.

create a approval scenario fiori app where  user gets workitem in inbox to approve it , should have option to navigate to change sales order to display the order .

usually in SAP GUI workitems  you have option to attach the sales order object by which u can navigate to object and can display or change.

This functionality i am trying to achieve via FIORI.

Regards

Yashpal

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

I think the task calls "call transaction" function and when SO is changed workitem is deleted and new workfow will be triggered again.

What type of app do you want to call from Fiori? Do you want to call another Fiori app or custom UI5 app or SAPGUI?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I want to call sales order change fiori app, basically my workitem should have link to call this change app ,where more details can be seen for sales order.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Calling hyperlink can be managed in the coming next SP but there are 3 challenges.

1. Authorization control. Any user can change or only workitem holder can change.

2. Passing specific SO document number

3. Managing all approvers should have relationship with customers to change SO.

What is the business event for triggering Sales Order change? It is not approver's personal feeling. There must be some defined business rules and roles.

Please find out how many SO were be changed last year and why those were changed. I think it is rare case.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

well i am working on a POC where customer wants to access object from workitem.

so as in fiori sales order app is there i configured the workflow for that and trying to call sales order app from workitem .

Regards

Yashpal.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Calling app via hyperlink can be managed in SP03. But you need to find solutions for above 3 challenges.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks .. Masa..