Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict CIF Qs to post in product view

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am trying to restrict any CIF Qs from ECC to APO while IB Delv is created so that gATP is not affected.

This restriction is conditional based on PO doc type.

I have enhaced "apo_post_ekpo" in include LMEAPF03 on ECC side but still CIF Qs for PO is send to APO while IB delv is saved.

I have IM model active for the product but the code is not hit during debugging while creating delv.

So how exactly is the CIF generated and from where?

Any ideas how to find out?

thnks,

Ags

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Ags ,

There is a concept called Change pointer ID . This Change pointer ID generate whenever there is any transactional or master data change happened in any of the R/3 respective field .

Once this Change pointer ID generates , it creates a document number which contains all the information related to that change and to view this Document number there is table called " BDCPV" in R/3 .

So whenever CIF batch jobs runs it start looking into this table and pushing the Change pointer ID to APO . However , in APO CQ ( Queue Manager ) each queue name is represent to that Change pointer ID itself .

Hope I have answered your question . Let me know if you carry any doubt !

Regards,

Sesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ags##,

You can block APO inbound queues for purchase reqs. and purchase orders by running report RSTRFCI1 in APO with entry CFPO* in the QNAME field. You can't separate POs and Preqs.

When you are ready to start the purchasing object queues, run RSTRFCI3 with QNAME entry CFPO*.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Sesh: we are not maintaining change pointer ID as i found no entries in BDCPV table. Our batch job activates the IM model every time for the product and sends Q.

@Mac: Thanks, but i need to restrict Q trigger on a specific condition-recall process. as i hv mentined , we have already restricted it via an exit. But while ASN is created CFPO* Queue is getting triggered from some place. I need to find out THIS place and put the condition there.

Can you guys tell me if i can set BP during debugger in a statement like CALL FM * IN UPDATE TASK *

Then i can find the exact place where system is placing the CIF Q for update task.

thanks,

Ags

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ags,

What is the document type that you wanted to restrict from gATP to be not affected. Usually, such problems can be solved by changing the ATP category of the document in the APO Inbound user exit.

For example, if you want the "Inbound delivery document" to be not considered, try to use the APO Inbound user exit and change the ATP category from "BR" to say "ZX" and let the queue process as it is. On the other hand, don't include this Category ZX in all the Scope of Checks that is doing the Product Availability check in gATP. That way, though the document is available in Product view, it will not be considered during gATP check or BOP runs of ATP calculations. You need to build the solution in an intelligent way in APO Inbound user exit to identify the right delivery for the PO based on your business decision logic.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ags,

It will be really helpful if you explain your scenario here in a bit detail, possibly you get multiple options of achieving same.

Rgds

Sourabh