cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Adapter issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My production system some issue when XI trying to retrieve the data from the Microsoft SQL server, This scenario was running upto last week,Suddenly we had this issue from this week.

I just test with my Dev & Qua systems with the same database , I am able to connect & retrieve the data from the Database,

and also I tested my Production system able retrieve/connection from other microsoft SQL server database,

And I  created new communication channel also but it's not help.

Error:

'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection :: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out'

Could you please help me about this situation.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Please check with your database network team,Whether they have opened the port for PI PROD IP address and the microsoft SQL server database which your are refering to.

Thanks

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem has resolved. Some times Adapter Engine blocks the connection between the SQL sever due to network loss.

After restart XI system then my connection is working. Thanks to you all.

Some times Reboot machine is all good.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check with DB Team, is there any update or any changes in DB, meanwhile check with network team also.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manigandan,

Thank you for your reply

which network team i need to contact XI network or Database network team.

where we check in the network,could you please let me know

Thank you.
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Can you ping the database host from the system where SAP PI is running?

Regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

Thanks for your help.

Yes I did and we are able to ping/connect the Database from system where XI located.

XI is able to connect other Microsoft SQL database, but not able connect this database.

Thank you

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

This url contains some more tips on how to troubleshoot this error: http://www.techpaste.com/2011/07/java-net-socketexception-java-net-connectexception-connection-timed...

Kind regards,

Koen