cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caching in Web Page Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I've got a caching problem when running a Web Page Composer in an iView.

There are ~30 web forms on one side. Every call of the page lasts 4 to 5 seconds.

I'm not sure about the caching settings in SAP Netweaver. I read the instruction on

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/13/76db395a3140fcb17b8d24f5966766/content.htm

but I don't know how to see if the caching function works.

Is there any solution for me to

1. see if the caching settings are correct
  2. increase the performance of my Web Page?

Thank you for your replies!!

Greetings,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstain,

There is a way to control the number of objects in CML:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/f833eb306628d2e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

As well there are telnet commands to control it and to clean it:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(JSTSG)(Telnet)Cache+Commands

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

as I read in the SAP Help, it is recommended to use the Portal Runtime Cache, at it overwrites the CML Cache. Is that right?

Greetings,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Procedure

1.   Choose System Administration System Configuration Knowledge Management Content Management Web Page Composer WPC Cache Configuration WPC Cache .

2.   Select the CML EditorCache entry and choose Edit.

3.   Define the level of invalidation.

In order to have the CML editor cache working properly and have all the cached content synchronized throughout the whole system landscape, you need to configure the level of invalidation depending on the specifics of your system landscape.

For the Invalidation Scope parameter, choose one of the following levels of invalidation:

o   Cluster

If you want to use the cache mechanism in a cluster environment, you have to use this option. It ensures that the system automatically invalidates obsolete cached resource objects on all cluster nodes. Thus, only the latest cached version is displayed irrespective of the cluster node that is accessed.

The Cluster option is set by default for the Invalidation Scope parameter.

o   Instance

By choosing this option, you ensure that the system automatically invalidates obsolete cached resource objects on all server nodes of the relevant Java instance.

o   Local

By choosing this option, you ensure that the system automatically invalidates obsolete cached resource objects only on the corresponding server node.

4.   For the Max. Capacity parameter, define the maximum amount of objects that the system can store in the WPC CML editor cache.

5.   Save the newly defined settings.

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhakar,

thank you for your fast answer! Exactly these settings I have already seen, but shouldn't the CML Cache appear under System Administration-Monitoring-Knowledge Management-Cache Monitoring?

There is no entry. Also if this is a cache, it should be able to clear this cache, or do I think in a wrong direction?

Greetings,

Christian