cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to delete a data view of a planning book? I used tcode /n/sapapo/sdp8B but it gave out message that "Macros for data view... were deleted" but in the planning book I could still see and access the data view which was supposed to get deleted. So is there any other or better way to delete a data view?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,  the only way (SAP standard) to delete data view is using /sapapo/sdp8b. Just proceed when you encounter the macro deletion relevant popup, and you'll get the data view deleted. After that, you'll need to reenter /sapapo/sdp94 to see the result of data view deletion. Regarding the macro relevant popup, it is used to remind you that by data view deletion, you'll loose all the defined macros in this data view (you'll not see the macro book of this data view in /sapapo/advm any more.) So if you still need to macros, please backup them.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi APO,

I would agree with Ada and Sesh here, message you are getting is just a reminder that associated macros will also be deleted, so if you want to use those macros later, you can have a backup for those and then delete the data view, otherwise you should go ahead and delete data view without taking backup.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I checked it is true that macros got deleted (as I see in /sapapo/advm) as the message had indicated. But in planning book (/sapapo/sdp94) I am still able to access the planning book and data view which I wanted to delete. So my problem is still there.

The message was not warning message but it was success message:

Just like it said "Macros for data view... were deleted", macros are deleted. But it did not say that data view was deleted and hence I can access it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in /sapapo/sdp8b go into the transaction for your Planning Book and Data View you wish to delete and go to the "Data View" tab, check the status is set to "3" (Changeable) else you will not be able to delete the view otherwise.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi APO,

I think best way to delete data view is from /n/sapapo/sdp8B only and it works for us, can you let me know what message you are getting when you are deleting the data view in sdp8b.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message says, "Macros for data view < ... > were deleted"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually message for macros to be deleted comes whenever you touch data views adjustment or deletion of it related to any key figure .

I would suggest you to take a back up of your macro book and then delete ur dataview .

Once the same message occurs try to proceed further and delete your data view .it works...

Regards,

Sesh