cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering change management (ECM )and Class 001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, 

I wanted to assign the multiple time dependent values to the characteristic and class is 001. So that we can update values for  the characteristic in material master. From the preliminary analysis it is Shure that we can do this using engineering change management (ECM). What should be the step by step approach to achieve this with respect to ECM. I had created the class and characteristics.

Regards,

ketan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

can you please tell me step by step approch and the settings required for ECM so that i can maintain the value for characteristic.

Regards,

ketan.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ketan S Landge,

You need to create ECN using CC01 and  use this number for creating or changing values for characterstic or material master.

you can use below link for more information on ECM.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/d8/7329d14b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ketan S Landge,

Do you want to assign values in material master using ECM with parameter efffectivity Time or you want this characterstic values to be available depends upon time?

please clearify.

Thanks'

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I want to assign values in material master using the ECM with parameter effectivity time

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ketan S Landge,

Still your question is not clear, can you expalin with example , how creation of material master with ECM & time help you assigning values for characterstic in material master?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

For example I had a final product as petrol. I had attached a class type 001  to the petrol  product  and in that class 001 I had a  characteristics as CU and Co2  with unit as %.  Now the characteristic value of this character will get change when I get every month a truck load. So I want to maintain the  value of these characteristic very month. Based on the actual value I am getting at each load. For example for the month of May it will be .5% and in June it will be .65%

Currently I have a fix values for CU and Co2 which is causing the problem.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks & Regards,

ketan.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ketan S Landge,

Here again i guess you can use batch management and record values of very new batch arriving every month using 022 or 023 class instead of class 001 , which is material class and use with fix attributes.

Any way , even if you use 001 , you can use ECM just with date efficitivity and create or change material master, i still dont underastnd how it will make or improve your process.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

can you please tell me step by step approch and the settings required for ECM so that i can maintain the value for characteristic.

Regards,

ketan.