cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to start solution maintenance from web workcenter ags_work_appln contains ip address rather than FQN

philip_wilkins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 7.1 SP08

From the web-based Solman WorkCenter, I choose to maintain a solution. 
The ags_work_appln.sap file used to invoke the sapgui specifies an ip address rather than the fully qualified name.

Unfortunately, this server is part of a couple separate networks and the selected ip address is a network that is not accessible from my browser.

I would expect the product to utilize the FQN rather than an ip address.

An example of an ags_work_appln.sap file is:

[System]

Name=XXX

Client=300

guiparm="153.95.208.3 00"

[User]

Name=SOLMAN_ADMIN

Language=E

Password=

at="MYSAPSSO2=....................."

[Function]

Title=

Command=*AGS_WORK_LAUNCHER pcmd=SSWB_START;pname1 =scmd;pvalue1 =BPD;pname2 =sol_id;pvalue2 =000000082430000;

Type=Transaction

[Configuration]

GuiSize=Maximized

If I edit the file & replace the ip address with the FQN, it works like a charm.

Anyone have an idea where I might change my setup to use the FQN rather than an ip address.
I guess a second less desirable option is to use a different ip address that is accessible from my browser.
Third option is to use the SAPGUI based workcenter rather than the web based interface (SAP recommends the Web UI).

Thanks, Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you Philip. I got this error "file not found ags_work_appln.sap" then I followed your suggestion of changing the IP with FQDN. It worked fine and appreciate your idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Add the icm/host_name_full in the profile parameter.

1582842  - Profile parameters for SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Rg,

Karthik

philip_wilkins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, our icm/host_name_full instance parameter is already set to the FQN.

Best regards, Phil