cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner: Pull data from excel spreadsheet and loop transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very new to both scripting and SAP and don't know the proper terms for what I'm trying to do, so the search function wasn't much help. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I am currently trying to update a list of material codes in ME11 and MM02 from an excel spreadsheet with the data for all the fields I'm changing. I currently have recorded scripts that input anything that remains constant on the transactions, but on each one, there is at least one unique field. I'm hoping to have a script that will reference the excel spreadsheet and put a specific cell in the SAP field, save the transaction and then loop for each row in the excel spreadsheet. Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213011
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Grant,

What is the script language you are using - VBS or VBA? Since you are working with an Excel spreadsheet, my recommendation would be VBA. If you are using VBS, you need to use GetObject or CreateObject to reference the Excel Application whereby this is not necessary in VBA.

If you dont mind sharing your current codes, we can look at it and offer further advise. Otherwise, the direction to go is to search through the content of this forum or read the SAP Scripting API.

Thanks,

Sayuti