cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Slave repository in Read only mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We have an issue with our MDM 5.0 system, Its clustered with the standard setup as active/passive. If we move the services to passive node, the slave repositories go in to Read only mode. The logs just says,<servername> is in read only mode and our procurement team is not able to make any changes to the catalogue they get a message saying "MDM repository is in Read only mode". Not sure which logs should be referred and what settings in missing in the passive node. The team who implemented this set up is no more with the project.

Could you please help me? May be point where logs can be checked or if someone has faced this issue and solved it?

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Are you using MDM 5.5? If so the behavior you described above is the expected one.

Slave repositories are read-only repositories, the only way to change the data is to update it in the master repository and to execute a synchronize operation.

HTH,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the reply. Apologies. My mistake. I mentioned it wrongly. Our procurement team tried updating the master repository and not the slave one. That is when they receive the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

And yes. Forgot to add. Our MDM is 5.5 indeed.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please check SAP Note 1282158, I hope the suggestions in it will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tal. Looks exactly the issue that we are facing. Cant try to fail over the cluster as its live. We have maintenance this weekend. Will try to edit the file and see if this fixes the issue and update you soon.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tal. This indeed helped us resolve the issue.

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadhwaj,

Can you please show this solution with screenshot

Regards,

Shiva Sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Since it live system I wont be able to paste it and if I hide the Host name the parameter wont make sense . But I do have a link which is a standard SAP document which gave me the exact parameters that I should use.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000728662008E

For your quick reference I have attached the screen shot taken from the document.

Thanks,

Bharath

Answers (0)