cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when printing from a particular client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing a wierd issue in the system. User is trying to do a Label Printing from 2 different client but to the same printer. Spool requests gets generated but only from one client the print out gets generated while from the other there is no response. But in SP01 the spool status says it is printed successfully. I have tried checking various settings in both the clients but nothing so constructive.

1. checked the SCC4 settings and found both had different settings maintained.

2. checked the device type and found both has same settings maintained.

3. the spool logs gets saved in the db TST03 and not in the OS level.

4. Access method is maintained as U.

Please let me know if anyone has faced this kind of issue. I tried to search in all the forums but in vain. Let me know which settings needs to be checked.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue got resolved. The printer is located in UK and the user has CET time zone set in his user profile. I changed time zone to UKT and when he printed the print has come the very next moment. I am not really sure how this could affect printing. Thanks everyone for their help.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Mohan

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should also consider marking your post as correct, so others that come across it can easily view how your were able to resolve the issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any other ideas or suggestions on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Mohan

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of label are you printing out of the printer? 

As this provides you a good idea of what functional team to talk with and find if they have conditional rules for the business process kicking out the label.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on what your functional teams have done or not done could also cause this issue; perhaps in the business process they don't have print immediately selected for the user.

Also most printer things (printers, device types) are not client dependent. 

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Does output request get crated ?

Just also check one thing.. for the user in the client where it do not print.. check what is default settings in SU01 / SU3 for printing immediately.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would go an check if the user has got the same parameter in SU01.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the default settings for both the user but both the settings are maintained the same. The only change i could see is related to the time settings (GMT) and (CET).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I checked the parameter for this user in both the clients and it is maintained different in both. I mean the client from which it is printing has got less parameters and the other has more parameters maintained. Is it worth a try to maintain the same parameters and fire a print.

Thanks

Rajesh