cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am starting with the vendor replication from r/3 but if i select the option only transfer r/3 numbers. the system issues a warning saying that if you use external assignment you will loose data records. My idea is to go with the internal assignment lets say if i go with the internal number range in srm where can i see the linkage between srm and r/3 vendor .can anyone shed some light on this issuse.

Points for sure!!

Rgds

Harshika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshika

The mappings are in VENMAP table.

I would suggest you to keep R/3 numbers as it would be easy for users. Else, they will be confused.

To avoid the problem of data loosing, pl setup number ranges as follows:

Menu: SPRO --> Cross-Application Components → SAP Business Partner → Business Partner → Basic Settings → Number Ranges and Groupings → Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

Maintain both internal numbers and external number ranges here. The external number range should correspond with the R/3 vendor number range. Then you will not have a problem of data loosing.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshika,

First check the thread “Desirable Vendor not populating in backend (R/3)” (/community [original link is broken]

forumID=143&threadID=322199)

This is what you might be able to d if choose the “Internal number range assignment”

Using the vendor number cross-reference in table VENMAP, you might be able to to write eCATT script to update/change the vendor number in the process described in the “Desirable Vendor not populating in backend (R/3)” thread.

Hope that helps,

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Transaction - BBPGETVD in SRM.</b>

<u>It's upto your requirement.

Incase you can use the option Only Transfer R/3 numbers - then R/3 vendor numbers and the SRM numbers will be same and will be stored in the table - VENMAP. In this table, you will find the back-end logical system name as well.

Incase you can use the option Internal number range assignment - then R/3 vendor numbers and the SRM numbers will be not be the same but all the data will be stored in the table - VENMAP. In this table, you will find the back-end logical system name as well.

I have not tried this. But i guess, Incase you can use the option External number range assignment - then R/3 vendor numbers and the SRM numbers will be not be the same and you might end up lossing some previous replicated vendor data.</u>

<b>After replicating vendors data, please check the log generated in the transaction - SLG1 to find the messages issued in the process (Error, Warning, or Information). this will help in resolving issues in replication process.</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the response. srm 5.0 is the version im working with. i guess ill have to go with the internal number assignment option. will let you know further if i face any more issues.

Rgds

Harshika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In case u have R/3 backend system , i strongly suggest not to use internal number in SRM system . this will confuse the user between R/3 system and SRM system . In SRM configure external number range '0002' to cover the entire number range of R/3 system and always use the R/3 number to get replicated in SRM system...

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting the same error message as Harshika.

However,I'm getting this error message after I have connected SRM system to new backend R/3 system.

i.e now i'm having 2 backend system connected to SRM system.

Can you all experts let us know why I'm getting this error message and how can we resolve this issue and replicate all the vendors from the new backend R/3 system.

Regards,

RKS