cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which sgen option after new installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'd like to know what option you normally should take after an install of MySap 2005 ECC 6.0.

Is it normal to select all object of selected components and then select all components in the system? Even when a lot of stuff will not be used?

Or do you select the components that will be used?

Or a different option for sgen?

Why should someone not do a sgen for all the object and for all the components?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it normal to select all object of selected components and then select all components in the system? Even when a lot of stuff will not be used?

Definition of normal is to general, and this will depend on your philosophy. We did this, and it took around 24 hours to complete, but looking back I do not think it is necessary.

Selecting just the components that will be used in the organization is rather tricky, because you can never be sure which objects will or will not be used.

The different option to try are:

Regenerate after an SAP System Upgrade

This looks to be the right solution, but you will find that there will still be objects that require generation. I do not think that it is so bad if something geneartes the first time it is used. Just communicate to the users that this might happen.

The reason why we choose to run it for all components is because we had the time. We were completed the upgrade with 24 hours to spare and according to our tests, this was sufficient to run SGEN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it also increase the space used in the db? So when you generate everything? And will it also take much time after an support pack stack upgrade because everything is generated? Or will this not make a differance?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

not much, but you should have free space on all the tablespaces. Yes it will take the same time becuase you are going to apply Stack and stack includes all the components installed in your system. I suggest you is, after installation you should apply stack and then start the SGEN, insted of starting after installation and again after stack.

Cheers,

-Sunil