cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing plan for periodic billing type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

I try to create contract for rent with billing plan in header.

When I create sales order with reference to this contract I receive messages:

-

Start date billing plan: Base line date for rule 13 not set

End date billing plan: Base line date for rule 14 not set

Dates from:: Base line date for rule 11 not set

Dates to:: Base line date for rule 09 not set

And billing plan from contract doesn't appear in sales order.

Could you please suggest me how to create contract which let me receive billing plan in SO automatically?

Thanks in advance

Lana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lana,

The standard document type MV provided by SAP for rental contract doesnt require an SO to be created.

It is a service that you are providing on rent to the customer.So the document that follows the Rental contract is the billing document.

You can directly bill the customer for that specific period.

But I am not sure why you are creating an SO with reference to a rental contract . SO or Relase Orders are required when we are into Quantity or Value Contract with a customer.

So I request you to provide more details as to what type of contract you are creating? Is it a customized contract that you are using for creating a contract?

If its a value contract, that you want to create, then there is no need assign Periodic billing plan for the contract. Set up periodic billing plan only for the sales order or the release order that follows the contract and then bill the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor!

Thansk a lot for your help! I'll try to check possibility to generate billing without SO and after that I'm back with my new questions

Best regards

Lana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor!!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion about document type MV!!!

I've tested it and found that it's OK

But now I have a couple of questions:

1. In billing plan system automatically put ZFRN billing type instead of FV in spite of the document type set-up. Probably I have to make some changes in another place?

2. When I start to bill customer system generates billing documents in advance (without accounting as future periods are closed). Is it possible to prevent such generation?

Best regards

Lana

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check in OVBJ t.code,which billing type is updated here to your billing plan type.

2.Check in OVBI t.code ,here,uncheck field "In advance " and try to run cycle again and see the result.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. When I start to bill customer system generates billing documents in advance (without accounting as future periods are closed). Is it possible to prevent such generation? - closed. found transaction VF04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren!

I've created new date category in transaction OVBJ, but SAP still use the first line for automatical substitution:

Unfortunately I cannot just change first one without corrupting of existing system

Could you please suggest where I can change set-up to receive wished result?

Regards

Lana

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting you.Kindly,elaborate what you are getting currently and what you wanted ( if possible with example).

Thanks,

Naren

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lana,

As it can be seen in the above screenshot that you have posted the "Date Category" Identified is '01'.

I guess according to your configuration settings for the combination of periodic billing '02' and date category '01' the default billing type might be set as 'ZFRN'. Hence you are getting the default billing type as ZFRN.

Now as mentioned by you, there is also a combination of Periodic Billing 01 and Date category 02 maintained by you in the configuration screen for which the you have set FV as the default billing type.

But I suggest you to maintain default billing type FV in place of ZFRV for the combination of "Periodic Billing 02" and "Date category 01" using T-CODE OVBJ.

And check if it works out.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor!

I'm afraid I cannot make suggested changes as this combination can be used in another business processes (I do not know all of them for this company).

Is it possible to make combination "Periodic Billing 02" and "Date category 02" as default for contract MV?

Regards

Lana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren!

1 what I have now:

When I create rent contract I receive generated billing plan with document type 01 and as a result - billing type ZFRN:

2. I 've created new combination "Periodic Billing 02" and "Date category 02" which has defaul Billing type FV but I do not know where to make changes to  link contract MV with this combination to have billing type FV in billing plan:

Regards

Lana

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

I suggest that you manually change the billing type for each settlement period.

In the above screenshot just replace ZFRN by FV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition:

I put FV to transaction VOV8 for MV:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'd like to replace them automatically.. To decrease workload for accounting

Is there such possibility?

Regards

Lana

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see t.code "OVBJ" ,we need to maintain appropriate billing plan type to date category and then itself t.code ,if you select billing plan type and press F2 and maintain " billing type"which you wanted and run once again cycle and see the result.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren!!!

I did it last week:

But when I create contract - SAP automatically choose combination "Billing Plan 02 & Date Category 01".

Could you please advice me where I can create link between document type MV and combination "Billing Plan 02 & Date Category 02"?

Regards

Lana

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spro->sd-basic functions->billing->billing plan-define and assign date categories->allocate date category .See here your settings ,how you have set up.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren! Thanks a lot!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly we have to know what is service contract and what is Rental contract???

There is big difference among these two...you can google this...

I will deny that "rental agreements don't require SO"

Also please check the document types when suggesting...

WV/SC--Service contract

MV---Rental contract

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phanikumar!

If you look at experts' and mine answer - you will see that I've already started to work with MV contract

Regards

Lana

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then tell me ,are you creating SO by using doc type MV---if not share the complete procedure...

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, today (after expert's suggestions) I've tried to use MV doc type for rental contract.

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lana,

Did you enter the contract start and end date in the Contract document you created?

Contract start date can be considered as a baseline date for calculating the periodic billing plans in the order that follows.

Please check and reply.

Also please check the date rules. What does rule 14 indicate? If its "contract start date + 6months" or somethig like it then you will have to maintain contract start date in the contract document.

Thanks,

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor!

Yes, I've entered both these dates. But when I put them into the fields - rule number disappeared.

period from start to end dates is exact contract period. I cannot put here +6 monthes as in this case SAP will generate extra billing.

I'm just beginner in SD...

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing plan from contract doesn't appear in sales order.

Have maintained billing plan type to sales order type in VOV8?

Start date billing plan: Base line date for rule 13 not set

End date billing plan: Base line date for rule 14 not set

This is just message .After if you enter then you will get that two rules 13 and 14 i respective columns.

I've entered both these dates. But when I put them into the fields - rule number disappeared.

This is also SAP standard behavior.We need keep either dates ( start and end date ) or else rules only not both. 

start date

Thaks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren

Yes, billing plan type was defined both for contract and billing order. It's - 02 (periodical)

But billing plan isn't copied to SO from contract.