Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per diem reimbursement in foreign currency

emiliabrzosko
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Is there any way to not to translate the meal per diem from foreign currency (mantained in t706v) to local currency?

The requirement is to reimburse it to the employee in foreign currency (given that an bank account in this currency exists for him) and also post it to accounting in foreign currency. How this can be achieved?

Thanks

Regards

EB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

posting from TRV to FI will always be in trip currency.

employee vendor can be set to different currency for reimbursement, but amounts will be converted twice:

in TRV: transaction currency to trip currency

in FI: trip currency to vendor currency

Depending on transaction dates and currency settings in the different systems, deviation in total amount may occur.

Your customer already knows Nice try.

emiliabrzosko
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael

Very interessting this thing about double conversion.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emilia,

from my knowledge this is not possible.

You can change currency in T706v but normally here you enter your local currency (company code currency, etc.)

In general you define the currency on trip provision variant level. There is no flexibility to switch on employee level posting currency nor payment currency.

But I will be happy to hear other opinions because this requirement comes up from time to time.

Best regards,

Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilia,

Siegfried is correct. Although it is for some countries possible to set the foreign receipt currency to "hard currency" in Travel Expenses --> Master Data --> Control Parameters --> Global Parameters, i.e. forcing it to be paid in the foreign currency, this will not influence the per diem rates and even if you build a work-around with per-diem-receipts, it won't work either since this setting cannot be used for expense type that have the category 'V'. Furthermore, in case you have an integration with PY, the reimbursement would be recalculated with the company's currency (you can't influence this).

A kind of 'last resort' to achieve this somehow, could be using BAdI AFTER_TRIP_SETTLEMNT which you can use to manipulate practically all data that would be written to the cluster. However I doubt this will go well for your requirement and I wouldn't advise going that way.

EDIT: Gnah. It seems it's becoming a tradition that I'm writing a post while Michael is posting in between 5 minutes prior . Since the currency will be converted lateron anyway as Michael explained (I didn't know this), using the BAdI won't be helping anyway, so forget that.

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

emiliabrzosko
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

HI Lukas,

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Emilia