Did you mean: 

Not possible to reverse the document in financial accounting

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to reverse Idoc posted FI document but system gaves errors as "

Message no. F5673- Not possible to reverse the document in financial accounting

let me know how to reverse the FI document.

Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atual,

Journal passed through other integrated modules such as MM,SD and AA ,you must use respective transaction codes to reverse the same with original document number.

Like assets reverse :- Use AB08 with respect to Asset

For Invoice Vendor :- MR8M with respect to Invoice document number

For customer Invoice :- VF11 with respect to Billing number

For GI against movement type 601 :- VL09 with respect to delivery number

For Inventory documents :- MIGO ( Select cancellation as type) with respect to material document number

Direct FI reversal :- FB08 with respect FI entry

Regards

Mani Kumar

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ManiKumar,

Its posted through Idoc.

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Atul,

what is the difference in posting manually or through Idoc. Same way applicable to reversing any document please fallow Mani Comment.

Please provide some detail about your issue.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

If a document is posted through Idoc, then it can only be reversed by another Idoc.

Please check which system this Idoc is sent from. Unless the original document in sending system is reversed, this FI document cannot be reversed in your system. Once a reversal is posted in sending system, a corresponding Idoc is sent and is processed in your system to reverse the already posted FI document.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me more about this? We use BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST to add GL entries. When the user wants to reverse them, this will not work in FB08 because it says not possible to reverse in Financial Accounting. I have since learned that since an IDoc was used to do the posting, I have to use another IDoc to reverse the posting. I wrote another abap program using

BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_REV_POST and specified IDOC as the type and I am still being told that it can't be reversed using Financial Accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the FI document was created thru another SAP module (MM, etc). If this is the case, reversing the transaction in the source module will reverse the FI document.