Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Modified MAT1 Master Data Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario:

The client has an existing custom CIF logic that assigns a SNP Demand Profile based on the location. The SNP demand profile includes forecast horizon, so all materials at that location get the same SNP Demand Profile, therefore the same forecast horizon.

Problem:

The client now has a more specific requirement to have different forecast horizons, but within the same location. Eg, 50% of materials at the location have one forecast horizon and the other 50% have a different forecast horizon.

Options:

We could re visit the custom CIF logic, but that's not within scope of the project.. so I am trying to find another way.

Option 1) The user can manually make APO MAT1 forecast horizon changes to overwrite the custom CIF logic, but as soon as a change is made in ECC it will CIF the material through again and overwrite the manual changes without the user even knowing that has occurred.

So is there any way to stop a certain field in APO MAT1 from being over written / updated?

I think i'm quite stuck here to require more custom CIF development on top of existing custom CIF development, but I though I would ask for ideas first... Hope you can help.

SSB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ideally CIF user exit modification would be the correct way. If that is not an option available then I think you could create a Z program which re-populates the SNP demand profile values from some TVARV table or some internal table.

Run this Z program immediately after your regular CIF batch job or process chain. Also schedule this program before your run SNP heuristics.

Only one scenario will not be covered by above. One where master data is changed in ECC and immediately user has run interactive heuristics in APO. If such instances are not going to be plenty then you can cosnider above solution.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah thanks.. I thought as much.

Is the 'Forecast Horizon' and the 'SNP Production Horizon' sourced from ECC? or are they APO specific master data fields?

My thinking here is that if this custom CIF logic was disabled would manual changes to these two values in APO MAT1 remain? Or would they need to be made in ECC at source? What is its equivalent field in ECC master data?

Question is open top anyone else also. 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are APO specific data fields so usually they are either populated as part of the SNP Demand and Supply Profiles or via specific bespoke code logic in the CIF enhancements. If you disable your enhancement then you should be able to manually maintain them and the values should remain.

Regards

Ian

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. Population of these fields can be controlled via CIF enhancements. I thought u were averse to any changes in CIF user exit so didn't think on that line.

These are apo specific fields and hence will not be changed by CIF

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

By implementing CIF Enhancement, you can update any field in Product Master (/SAPAPO/MAT1).

CIF User Exit Details : CIFMAT01 EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001

In CIF User Exit can have ABAP logic to refer some TVARVC table to get the value of any parameter (like Forecast Horizon).

This would be easiest logic to populate the default value in Forecast Horizon whenever Material/Location will be CIF across to APO.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)