cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems mounting multiple MDM servers on same server from PC

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have several MDM servers running on the same physical server just with different ports. From the server itself I have no problems mounting them in the MDM Console but from my laptop I can only mount the one with the default 59950 port if I only enter the server name but not if I add the port.

On the server I can mount servername:59950, servername:52950 and servername:52750 and I can see them in the MDM console. On my laptop I have to choose "servername" and not mention port and it will mount the 59950 instance. Trying to mount any system with the same syntax as I do on the server will give me a "The specified SAP instance does not exist on server 'servername'" message.

We have opened the following 2 ports as required for each instance in the firewall so I do not think it's a firewall issue but I am not sure.

What really puzzles me is that I can mount the 59950 instance from my laptop but not the other instances and not in the same way as on the server.

MDM server version used is 7.1.20.204 Win64

Any input would be highly appreciated.

regards,

Kristian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

Can you please check if the suggestions in SAP Note 1692228 resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Tal.

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

yeah I have been going through that note ealier before writing this message. unfortunately it did not help me. But thanks anyway.

regards,

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

Can you try to connect to the server using the following to ways?

ip address of the server and the port - e.g. 10.20.30.40:59250

instance number@server name - e.g 02@servername

And check if one of those ways work for you?

Regrads,

Tal

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

unfortunately that did not solve my problem. logged on to the server where it is installed I can mount them with servername:portnumber but not from my own laptop.

regards,

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

You can check if the ports are open for connection in the following way:

On the server itself run in cmd "netstat -an" and see if the ports are in LISTENING mode.

On the client side run in cmd "telnet host port" and check if the connection works.

Regards,

Tal.

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

The ports are in LISTENING mode on the server and I can telnet to all three ports that I run instances on 59959, 52750 and 52950 from my pc client so that works fine. Our firewall guy asked me to check the same things to verify that the ports had been opened.

regards,

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

What is the host agent version you have installed on your server? you can get it from the values:

hostagent release: XXX

hostagent patch number: YYY

In the file:

C:\Program Files\sap\hostctrl\exe\hostagent.mf

Thanks,

Tal

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

I found the information you requested:

hostagent release: 7.20

hostagent patch number: 169

regards,

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

Please add to the host_profile file (it is located at the same folder as the previous file) the value:

service/localconnection=compat

Then restart the hostagent service and retry connecting to MDS.

BR,

Tal

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

thank you so much, that solved the problem for me. Have a fantastic weekend.

kind regards,

Kristian

Answers (0)