cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom transaction type for Shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a custom trans.type as ZSC1 in config and I would like to select this trans.type while creating SC but I don't get that option.

Do I need to implement DOC_SAVE badi or Is there any particular setting I need to do?

Please advice

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know (and tried), it is not possible to change the process type of a shopping cart in any BADI.

If it always needs to be that custom type, create any custom type that will be before 'SHC' alphabetically...

For example ABC will work, TTT will not.

Regards,

Robin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

have you checked why? It would be interesting for me also.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I did create Trans.type as ASHC, it worked but not with ZSC1. But couldn't find reason why system behaves like this.

Thanks

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

in method /sapsrm/cl_pdo_bo_sc=>get_default_process_type the shopping cart process types are retrieved and INDEX 1 is used to get the first entry... This is why ABC will work and TTT not. This method is called from the /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_FACTORY_SC_ADV=>CREATE_NEW_INSTANCE (while getting the default SC data) when clicking on shop in SRM.

If you could decide beforehand what kind of shopping cart you are creating, maybe a custom application configuration?? (still trying to think of a solution myself as well), you could create an overwrite/post enhancement for this method and build your own logic to determine the wanted process type on creating.

I haven't found any method to update the process type for the SC as there is no possibility to update the PROCESS_TYPE field.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Can you post in the forum if the shopping cart process works for you with custom transaction type?

Because following is mentioned in the IMG documentation of node Define Transaction Types:

• For the transaction object type Shopping Cart, only the following transaction types are supported:
    • SHC for self-service shopping carts
    • EXTR for external requirements that can, for example, be based on SAP ERP purchase requisitions
  • We recommend that you do not change the standard settings.

Best Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Yes, I did create Trans.type as ASHC, it worked & successfully created a SC.

Thanks

Vijay

Answers (0)