cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying external jar files in SAP PI for Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestion on the below requirement.

The Java mapping requires external jar files for successful execution, and they work when placed in SAP JVM jre/lib/ext, but when the new jvm's are being patched everytime, these jars should be replaced*.

In order to automate this solution, I would like to know the feasibility on how can these external jar files be bundled in terms of SCA/SDA file and refer them via JNDI in Java Mapping or just deploy directly the jar files via SDM and refer them via JNDI from Java mapping.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

N. Jayanth Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please let me know also on how do we add the external jar files to the SDA file and can they be referred directly in the Java mapping?  I have been checking the below document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8000cffc-6b92-2d10-3493-f2ac13992...

Can the same process be used for deploying the external jar files?

Regards,

N. Jayanth Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

did you find a solution to deploy the external jars ? I need to deploy apache jar files on PI server to avoid loading the apache classes in run time.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth/VR

1. You can import the jar file directly in ESR as an "Imported Archieve" and refer it in the UDF/Java mapping.

Note: The jar file can be referenced within the same SWCV in which you have imported. You cannot refer the jar file from different SWCV

2. If you are using the NWDS/Eclipse to write the code, then you can import the jar file in your project directly.

Check this blog for step my step procedure.

Regards

Osman