cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System picking the third condition table for a condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a business requirement where in for a condition type say PR00 (basic price for article) is getting picked from 3rd condition table. Whereas it has to pick from 1st table. Because the prices are different in all the 3 tables.

the 3 condition tables namely are;

1) Sales org/sold to-party/article/sales unit (Table A936)

2) sales org/customer group 2/article/sales unit (Table A935)

3) sales org/article/sales unit (Table A901)

when checked with ABAP guy he said i have to hard code a logic stating check price in Table Axxx if found, stop searching next and so on.

This logic might help me to fix the issue at this moment. But logically speaking, the business keeps growing. Tomorrow the business wants to add another 5 condition tables, then my problem comes again. Do i need to hard code it again?

Please suggest some alternative to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per SAP Standard, the system stops searching for a Condition Record once it finds a valid Condition for a Key Combination (Condition Table). This is privided the Exclusive indicator is marked in Access Sequence.

If the Exclusive indicator is not marked in Access Sequence, then system determines all the Condition Records in the Sales Doucment & the last Price is active & all the previous Conditions are made inactive automatically.

Now what is your exact requirement? I do not see any need for Z-Development here.

If you want to determine Best price out of the 3 or 5 prices, you can use the concept of Condition Exclusion here.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

As of now the exclusion is checked in access sequence for all the three condition tables. but the system is picking the price from only 3rd table. why?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jiginesh sir

some days back i have faced same like this problem on My ides

i have given 4 condition table and i didnt activate any one ( exclusive ) check box .system should pick lost one only but in my case system is not picking lost one it would be first one

Could i know what would be the reason ?

thanks a lot

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, your ABAPer has hardcoded the Table,

could you please ask your developer to comment the code and check the exclusive indicator

probably it should work

and even if you add few more condition types with Exclusive indicator, system will always check for the specific condition and if it not found then it will look for Generic condition type

regards,

santosh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

Then it could be one of the following two cases:

1. Two condition record for first two accesses (Condition Tables) does not exists or the condition is not fulfilled.

2. There some ABAP development in your Pricing system which is over-writing the system determined conditions & considering only the third access.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But are valid Condition Records maintained & determined by the system for all the 4 condition tables (accesses)?

Kindly share the Price determination screen here to understand better.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta