Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip file transfer to PI

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The scenario is ECC must send a zip file to PI. The solution is for ECC to put the file in a directory that is also accessible by PI then use NFS. Question, is there another way for ECC to send the file to PI without putting the files in a directory? Can ECC call PI (proxy?) with just the zipped file?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This should be possible using abap proxies with attachments.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies...

Regards,

Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. There won't be any proxy message (in XML) to be sent, just the zip file so I'm not really sure how proxy will handle that or if proxy can even handle that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've decided to use proxy with attachment plus PayloadSwapBean. Thanks again for your inputs.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to place the file in a directory to read zip file directly from NFS and send it to recipient.

Second option is to send data to PI through proxy and in receiver channel use "AF_Modules/PayloadZipBean" to zip incoming XML file or converted file.

Staging to a directory is not a problem, thing is how do you want develop scenario.

If ECC is placing on ZIP file in directory, PI work will be just move file from one location to another (pass through interface).

Regards

Aashish Sinha

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

Initially, our approach was the 2nd option which you've just mentioned. But we've thought of moving all the file manipulation processes (including zipping the file) into ECC and just let PI get and transfer the zipped file.

So for this scenario, is this the best and only way? ECC -> Directory -> PI -> Receiver System

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, I can see 2 approach. If you already looked out for proxy scenario and don't want to go with that, Staging is best option with respect to less complexity in PI front.

We can have different approach as well where in proxy you want to attach ZIP file (SOAP Proxy communication if on PI 7.31) and send to PI to handle this situation. But it will un-necessarily increase complexity in both sides (ECC and PI). So, this solution looks better to me than these 2 two.

Go with "ECC -> Directory -> PI -> Receiver System" with less complexity in PI side.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

Thanks a lot. I would just like to clarify something. So is it okay to say that proxy is not needed or won't be of any use if there's no proxy message (in XML) to be sent? A pass thru interface via NFS would be the best option provided that only a zipped file must be interfaced (no mapping, etc.).

Thanks again.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mark,

Thats correct.

Thanks

Aashish