cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of personal Blog space and what kind of blogs we can share in personal blog space?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Moderators/SAP Mentors

I had shared two blogs in Coffee Corner and both of them were not related to SAP as coffee corner was a place where we used to share anything other than SAP. For SAP related material there are many forums and spaces in SCN.

Since SCN team asked to move our blogs from Coffee Corner so I created my personal blog space and moved both of them with the help of and both blogs were there in my personal space. Two days back I received a message from moderator and senior member of SCN that my blog is not related to SAP so it would be deleted with consent of global moderators. I asked him that there are numerous blogs in Coffee Corner which are not related to SAP and SCN team has asked to move them in personal space so thats why I did this. Today I am seeing that one of my blog has been deleted from my personal space which was not related to SAP and the other one is still there which is also not related to SAP. So what is the difference and reason to delete that specific one???? I didnt know the reason or didn't have any satisfactory answer that why it has deleted or hidden. I want to know a few things here

What is the purpose of personal blog space?

Can't we share any blog which is not related to SAP?

If my one blog was deleted then why the 2nd one is still there when both were not related to SAP?

I hope to get some satisfactory answer form here.

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general this is a professional forum about SAP.

In my opinion the world wide web has a lot space to post things that are not SAP related, why would we SAP professionals turn SCN into something like Facebook?

We have the coffee corner to discuss questions that are not directly SAP related, questions people talk about when the meet in a coffee corner.

Unfortunately this place was heavily misused to make easy points by posting blogs, while we had almost only discussions before gamification was introduced to SCN, hence it is no longer possible to create blogs and documents there and we ask people to create this stuff in the personal blog space.

Nevertheless, any space in SCN is under the rules of engagement and the TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT FOR THE SAP COMMUNITY NETWORK  http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/policy

People read content which is posted and may click abuse, moderators decide if the content can stay or need to be removed. (By the way, the blogs and document from coffee corner are only around until Sunday, November 17th, as announced )

In this specific case 8 moderators discussed about this blog and came to the conclusion to remove it: Let me cite the reason "political or religious views have no place here ... Politics and religion can cause unhealthy polarization and flame wars."  Hence it is " otherwise objectionable" which is mentioned in the SCN policy

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen L

Thank you for the detailed explanation and for making this clear to me that religious or political views have no space here in SCN. I didn't write that blog that much controversial that it could hurt some specific religion or followers of any religion. I think it was free of any religious bias. But since you are saying that religious point of view has no space here so I give up here.

I have gone through again the rules and policy page but I didn't see where they have mentioned that religions or political views have no space in SCN. Harmful, hateful, racially or objectionable are there but I couldn't understand how that blog falls in any category they have listed there. It was not to promote any specific religion, it was not a personal attack on any religion. I am surprised that 8 moderators have discussion on that and they decided to remove it because some members has reported it abuse. If someone had reported that abused then there were also many comments from members who follow different religions. The purpose of my this post is not to challenge the decision taken by 8 moderators but just to clarify my point of view which is may be wrong for 8 moderators but not for me. Since I am active member of SCN and I always try to follow the rules so I won't publish this or any similar blog again.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd just add that eight moderators discussed it - some were for, some against. The majority view won - which is how it should be.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed Sir. I am not complaining now neither I posted this thread to complaign but I just wanted to know the valid reason which I got now from Jurgen's and Lakshmi's posts. Thank you for updating me that some moderators were on my side

Thank$

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're all on every members side. We're just here to help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please re-read again my reply and don't twist the words that I have written.

I had written it falls under " otherwise objectionable"

In the discussion we had it was clearly mentioned that your blog is not offensive at all .

But it could make the ground for more such blogs which could develop in unwanted direction.

you may still see it because you are the owner or it is a technical bug. I cannot see it anymore.

But I have reported abuse for your answer, because posting the blog as picture is not desired either.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have removed that picture by myself and thank you for updating me. It was objectionable but not offensive one and moderators removed it just to make sure that no one can publish any offensive blog in future. I can't even digest this but if it is decided in moderator's discussion and they agreed to remove it then I am with their decision.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't even digest this

has, in his first post, clearly stated as to why a decision has been taken by Moderators to remove the blog and this being the case, I am really surprised to see your above comments.  In fact, in your original post, you also forget to mention about what I DM you exactly (which is highlighted in different colour).  What I messaged you was if any abuse reports we receive, with the consent of other Moderators, your blog would be removed.  A clear message has sent to you stating if any content is objectionable by majority of members, then that would be removed with due consideration.

In fact, I would also like you to blog ONLY about SAP and share your knowledge rather landing up in such controversies which is waste of time for all of us.  I am sorry if this is harsh statement for you.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you sir. Lets leave this discussion here because I don't want to have a debate on this topic. Since this is going to be a controversial topic so I won't post anything like that and I will try to avoid sharing blogs other than SAP. I got yours and Jurgen L's message and I understand that this topic can hurt someone but I tried my best to make that blog free from religious bias. Anyhow I am closing this thread and will try to follow what most of the moderators want me to follow now. Thank you for your message and for making this clear to me. Your statement is not harsh and this is the way how we should deliver our message in a professional way.

Regards