cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deficit of SL stock in QI while making UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One of my client requirement is that he want to make separate entry for Rework quantity while making UD for which I have enabled a field thru SPRO-->QM-->Quality inspection-->Inspection lot completion-->Define inventory postings. Custom movement type(950) was newly created specifically for assigning to Rework field. Newly created custom type was created by my MM consultant by copying 350 mvmt type, the same has been assigned in Inventory stock posting.

When stock posting is done while making UD in QA32, system is giving the below mentioned error. Kindly let me know what else I need to do so that qty can be posted in Rework field. Custom mvmt type was created to difference between blocked stock and Rework quantity.

Error message "Deficit of SL St.in QI prev. 2 M : BRE010100101 U101 U1A4"

The error message does not come when std mvmt type 350 is assigned to the newly created Rework field. If someone can tell me why this error is occurring and solution for the same it will be of great help.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if 950 E is maintained for Update control in OMJJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reply.

When I checked in detail with more inspection lot numbers I came to find that the error message is not occurring for all cases. For some I am able to post qty to Rework field using custom mvmt type. Can anyone tell me why the error message is occurring only in some cases and not in all cases. what could be the possible reason(s). Has anyone come across situation like this. If yes then what is the solution applied for correcting the error message.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Config note by SAP.....

• You want to supplement the quantity postings planned in the standard system
    with other quantity postings.

In this case, SAP cannot guarantee that all of the possible variants for
quantity postings will function perfectly without program modification. If
necessary, you may have to use the function enhancement (customer exit) QEVA0001 to achieve your
aims.

Use the keys VMENGE08 for additional quantity postings. Key VMENGE09 is
reserved for SAP.

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I would like mention here that when new PO is generated and MIGO is done with respect to that PO, I am not getting error message. I am able to post stock in any field in QA32 t.code.

Where as when i try to post stock for old inspection lot number only then I get deficit of "SL stock or BA stock" error message.

Would like to know why it is happening only for old inspection lot and not for new inspection lot number.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Since you do not face this issue while using the standard movement type 350, pl check if the customized movement type 950 is correctly maintained in OMJJ.

Pl see if QA11 and QA12 Tcodes are maintained in the 'Allowed transactions ' in OMJJ for movement type 950.

I'm not 100 % sure but this might be one reason. Pl check

Regards,

ntn