cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I take picture on iPhone, how to upload the image to SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenes like this, I  take pictures on iPhone, and then upload it back to SUP,  after Sync I want to  see the photos in SUP.

I am new for SUP, could you please help me how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

please check this discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3352164

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steps for this are:

• develop RFC to accept the binary formatted file from device and store in SAP, the import parameter of RFC/BAPI that carries the image in binary format will be Xstring datatype.
  • Create an operation in the MBO using this RFC
  • Call this operation in the Xcode and pass the image in binary form as input to operation that will be updated in SAP.

The sample IOS code can be found in the thread mentioned by Jitendra.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra,

Thanks Midhun.

Hi, Midhun, I will try what you say, but now I have some questions : After I save the image column in binary and update in SUP, how can I preview the image.

Best regards

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Once you have made the sync request from device to backend for that particular image, you can access sup cache database to see its detail.  But at sup level you won't see any image , you will see only its format.

You can check below blog how to access sup cache database.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-access-sup-cd...

Rgrds,

Jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are going to use an operation here to update the image to SAP. So the data you are updating will not be stored in SUP. And in the CDB of SUP you will not find data related to it the image you are updating. Anyway you are updating the data to SAP system hence you can check image in the SAP itself.

But in the logs of SUP the details about the operation you are performing from device will be captured and you can use this information for troubleshooting. You can find the complete logs in the installation path of SUP server. Also you can find some part of logs from Sybase control center

- Midhun VP