cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occured during result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our clinet , there are 6 Master Inspection Characteristics assigned which are LENGTH , DIMSIONN , INNERDIM , OUTERDIM , DIAMETER which

are used for Statastical Process Control.

During Result Recording , all correct measured value entered in defined limit but evaluation is not performed and status is converted into rejected in

LENGTH Master Inspection Characteristics only . Error is occured only in LENGTH MIC.. and Other mic performed correctly.

I have checked MIC , Inspection Plan , Sampling Procedure , there is no clue about error.

Please tell me solution of this error as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

different master inspection characteristics is maintained for every SPC characteristics.

Regards

Sumit

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how control chart is assigned in result recording ?

how change settings of control chart ?

how control chart effects result recording ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

I have to ask before your posting is reported.

What research have you done on these questions?  What help have you read?

These are pretty basic questions that have also been tacked on to an existing question.

If you can edit this anymore, let me know and I will delete it.  Please create a new thread with more detailed info around what you do or don't know and what you're researched.

SAP is pushing mods to reduce the number of repeat and basic questions.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not one stupid question , this problem is really exist , please see attached screen shot with this reply and see situation what is it ?. please reply me correct solution , this problem is not occurred in your Carrier.

During result recording , In length MIC , all values are in control limit , but no popup message for valuation , valuation is automatically rejected. So these rejected values effect in SPC. But all MIC works correctly.

LENGTH is for SPC Sampling Procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

No any change in Length MIC , the valution os manually which demands accepted or rejected.

Regards,

Sameer

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say system is asking for manual valuation (Accepted or rejected) once you hit enter after entering the value.

What is the scope you have maintained in control indicators of this MIC? As I told earlier, this should be set as fixed for auto valuation (since you have said about correct set up everywhere else).

After modifying the MIC, you need to re assign this to your inspection plan (if it is incomplete copy model). Reset your inspection lot using QAC3 or create new lot to see the changes.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reset inspection lot using QAC3 but this problem is in repeating manner and new lot containing same error and fixed for auto valuation is also maintained in control indicators.Please suggest me another solution for this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Sameer Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one stupid question:

Have you remembered to lock the results when you finished the recording?

Because the valuation don't take place before the results has been locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not one stupid question , this problem is really exist , please see attached screen shot with this reply and see situation what is it ?. please reply me correct solution , this problem is not occurred in your Carrier.

During result recording , In length MIC , all values are in control limit , but no popup message for valuation , valuation is automatically rejected. So these rejected values effect in SPC. But all MIC works correctly.

LENGTH is for SPC Sampling Procedure.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have correctly maintained all the master data and settings and still you are seeing this error.

I sincerely believe this is happening because user has chosen 'Reject' during manual valuation of the MIC.

Have you run a test case by yourself? If not, I'll suggest you to do this and see how the system behaves. I'm not able to understand this behavior when all the settings and data is correct.

Also, please delete the duplicate response you have mistakenly posted (snapshot response)

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer, what is the evaluation status of this MIC in QA32? Is it 3 or 5? If the status is either 3 or 5, then only we can say that MIC has been valuated.

There are 2 options for this valuation. Manual or automatic. This depends upon the valuation mode that you maintain in sampling procedure.

I think in your case, what must have happened, is, after result entering someone might have valuated the MIC manually. In manual valuation only, you can choose Reject or Accept irrespective of the actual reading values.

Try by generating few more lots!

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the same sampling procedure for all the characteristics?

If, then check the characteristics you are using in the inspection plan.

Are you using the same control indicators for all the characteristics?

NOTE! If you make changes to the inspection plan, then you can only see the changes in the work list if the inspection lot is created after you made the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Can you please check the Control limits in the SPC chart. Although it is in tolerance limit it might be above the control limits.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

all values in control limit , but problem is in same manner

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Pl check if the manual evaluation is done for length. What is the specification limit for LENGTH and what is the value entered during result recording.

Also check the scope for MIC in control indicators. Is it fixed or not fixed ??

Besides,You can also try with unlocking the MIC in QA32 and then re evaluating with Accept.

Pl provide these details.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

all steps suggested by you , I have checked all step , but problem is in same mammer

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Did you make any recent change in Length?

Regards,

ntn