cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image formats and label compression issues in mobile?

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed an agentry application,in which images are added to the buttons in all screens.When the application is tested in ATE, images as well as the label text are displaying correctly,but the problem is when i deploy the application in to mobile device (I phone) images are displaying but label text is compressing.When i deployed the same application into I pad button text ,button images and also the label text is compressing in details screen.For buttons i have added 16X16 .bmp image.If i add 16X16 .png image for button they are displaying as "?" in ATE.What may be the possible solution for these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Can you be more specific about what your problem is with the button text?  It is not obvious what you mean by "compressing".  Can you attach some screen shots?  As I mentioned in another post to you, try adding PNG images in the editor for the Apple platforms and stick to the BMPs for Windows.  Agentry supports adding multiple images with the same name by just changing the platform assigned to the image.  Also, what buttons are you referring to?  There are many types of buttons on Agentry screens: Toolbar buttons, Action buttons, Screen Field buttons?  Not sure what you are referring to.  Thanks,

Jason Latko (Senior Product Developer at SAP)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.Here iam referring to 'Action Buttons'.'Compressing' --for example the field name in detail screen is 'Location',in mobile device it is displaying as 'Lo...ion'.Action button images are displaying in Android but when the same application is deployed into I pad they are not displaying.They are displaying as with out any text and image.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Due to the differences in the Apple/Android OS themselves, the Agentry clients written for those platforms each exhibit certain quirks/differences concerning the UI implementation.  I was able to get an image to display on my iPad Action button, or a label ("Location" for instance), but not both at the same time.  This must not be supported.  You can do one or the other, but not both at once.  Notice the two action buttons I added at the bottom of the image on iPad:

On the Button definition itself, you can apply a "Style" to make the button text smaller for Android so you can fit more text.  I believe the Android buttons do not expand horizontally in size the way Apple buttons do.

If you cannot define a single screen that works well for you on both Android and Apple:

Define both Platforms in the screen set.

Get one platform screen looking the way you want it to on the device.

Choose the other Platform and then copy the first screen to it.

Make changes to the 2nd screen as required for the other Platform.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.I have modified the layout of my screens as shown in the screen shot, it is working fine.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Answers (0)