cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to kow if the following scenario is possible in a R/3 Unicode enabled system:

I loggin into a R/3 system in English (EN). In that way all my menues are in English. But I would like to create a record in my local language like Chinese for example (forget the fact about the keyboard for a moment. Just assume the user has a Chinese keyboard). Will the data be stored correctly on the DB. To my knowledge every character should be unique in Unicode. Therefore I should be able to loggin in one language and create data in another language, correct.

Thanks for the help,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will get all your answers at...

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/unicode@sap

Please check the UNICODE FAQ... you fill find all your answers over there.

Regards,

siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to find the answer on this question. Therefore it would be nice if you could answer me directly.

Thanks,

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex.

According to SAP Note 544623, you have to run RSCPINST and install all the languages that you want to use in your system.

Let's say that Unicode is the codepage that makes it possible to use as many different languages as we need, without having to perform complex administrative tasks.

So, if you want to use Chinese in your system to create data, execute RSCPINST first and add it ot the system first. (Should I mention not to forget the corresponding language import???)

Kind regards,

Anda Stamelou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Your expectation is correct. Logon language is a key SAP uses to find language dependent texts ( sort of translations ). Systems using unicode store each characters in two bytes which helps it capture character from all languages (e.g. chinese).

Sorry if I am stating something which you already know.

Regards,

Sanjeev