cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective shipment through Single Mode - Cost Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are working on Collective shipment through Single Mode of transport, ie.,

In one truck we will be loading deliveries for 3 different customers in the same route.

Our business requirement on shipment cost calculation is QTY * RATE for that one single shipment.

1. Ie., assume the following below.

189930397           -              customer 1         -              9.765 kg

189930398           -              customer 2         -              10.850 kg

189930396           -              Customer 3         -              1.085 kg

Rate/Kg                =             Rs. 8

When the shipment cost has to be calculated it has to give us the cost of

21.7 kgs * Rs. 8  =             Rs.173.6/- (which is rounded off to 174)

In Shipment Document, first delivery considers all the subsequent delivery and its cost. Similarly the second delivery considers the subsequent delivery and its cost.

But the system considers all the legs and adds up the cost which is shown below.

Mail Leg               -              189930396/97/98            -              21.7kg                   -              174

Subsequent Leg    -              189930396/98                 -              11.935 kg             -              95

Subsequent Leg    -             189930396                       -              1.085 kg                -              9

And all these costs get adding up.

174 + 95 + 9 = 278

System has to consider only the Main Leg where all the three deliveries appear.

Pls guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the calculation base from delivery item to Handling unit and pack the delivery in the shipment.

In pricing also base should be on the basis of the handling unit.

and now create a shipment cost document.

This will solve the purpose. we using the same  at our client.

Regards,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know  that “since we have to pay the exact amount on how much qty is transported” will the above mentioned option work?

And what is the handling unit which we have to select etc.,

Giridharan. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Handling unit is the nothing but the internal no generated at the packing level.

you need to do the packing at the shipment level. and in condition type calc.base will be 'C'.

this will solve the issue.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Tried base on your input. but it is not working.

While creating shipment document, it considers both Main Leg & Subsequent legs for cost calculation which is not correct based on our scenario.

Also when changing the Calc Base as C (Handling Units), asking Shipment Material Type which is updated as Truck (0001).

Pls let me know where this Shipment Material type (Truck) will hit and how the freight will be calculated.

Thank you.

Giridharan. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to do maintain the shipping material type. and you need to pack the delivery in SHipment then create the shipment cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the menu path.

you have create the packing material type.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am really not getting you.Can you tell me ,why We need to keep Handling Unit ? What is the purpose of this option?. If I select this option ,then what will be happened ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But even though if i create the Packing Material, my requirement is that freight should be calculated based on the actual tonnage / Qty delivered.

For example: My contract with the Service Agent is on Ton basis.

ie., One Ton = Rs. 75/-

If am sending 15 tons in a 17 ton capacity vehicle / truck, i have to pay only for 15 tons.

ie., 15 * 75 = 1125

So pls guide me how to achieve the same.

Giridharan. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when pack the material instead of having several line items in shipment cost it will show you single line item, with the gross weight of the delivery, and if you want to calculate the fright on the basis of the Net weight then change the Calculation type from "d".

Regards,

Abdul

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Giridharan,

Check your stages what delivery numbers attached there. Stages shuld have delivery which are relevant to that.

What calculation base you are using in condtion types. As per your query I understood you are looking for calculation based on Shipping unit..... then do there is any reason to have calculation base at Delivery Item level? Please note that calculation and Cost assignment both are different thing. In standard SAP assign cost it only consider delivery item weight.

Again I am not able to open  first screenshot . Please attach again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for the interest shown.

Attaching the First screenshot for your reference.

In stages, as you said for the First stage it considers all the three deliveries and in the Second stage considers two deliveries and in Third stage considers the last delivery (Enclosed screen shots for your reference).

Using Delivery Item Calculation Base in the condition Type which screen shot is enclosed below. 

Hope given required details.

pl do the needful.

Giridharan. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly guide me on the above query.

Thank you.

Giridharan. S

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting this problem by field "Shipment cost rel" under tab "Stages"in Shipment document ( VT02N ).If you dont check that field then system will be perfectly calculated the shipment cost.

Ex: I had two OBD's ( 10001 -quantity 2 and 10002-quantity 1 ) and created shipment with these OBD's with different customers.Lets say ,70019 and 70020.

I had maintained condition record for customer 70019 -10 rs as well as for customer is 5 rs in TK11. In VT01N ,system automatically will consider one OBD as Main leg and another one as Subsequent leg.

1.Now,in VT01N ,If you dont click on field "Shipment cost rel" for Main leg as well as Subsequent leg then you will get two OBD's & one service agent in VI01 with 25 rs because quantity*amount=2*10+1*5=25 rs.

2.Now,in VT01N ,If you click on field "Shipment cost rel" for Main leg then you will get two OBD's & two service agents (same agent coming two times) in VI01 with 50 rs because,

you will get two OBD's for one vendor as well as you will get that two OBD's for another vendor.So,your prices is 25 ( two OBD's )+25 ( two OBD's )=50

3.Now,in VT01N ,If you click on field "Shipment cost rel" for Sub subsequent only then you will get three OBD's & two service agents in VI01 with 45 rs because ,

you will get two OBD's for one vendor as well as you will get one OBD for another vendor.So,your prices is 25 ( two OBD's )+20( ain OBD only ) =45.

4.Now,in VT01N ,If you click on field "Shipment cost rel" for Main leg & Sub subsequent then you will get five OBD's & three service agents in VI01 with 70 rs because ,

you will get two OBD's for one vendor ,for second vendor ,you will get two OBD's as well as for third vendor ,you will get again main OBD only .So,your prices is 25 ( two OBD's )+25 ( twoOBs )+20 ( main OBD only ) =70.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly ,got to VT02N,click on  Stages Tab " and double click on each and every stage and see what is departure point and what is destination point .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

Thanks for your valuable input.

We are currently doing like what you have advised (by removing the tick mark of "Shipment cost rel" under Stages for Subsequent Leg).

But want to know is that possible to make it Automatic instead of Manual.

If there any options pls let me know.

Giridharan. S

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T_57,click on "Shipment cost relevance for shipment type,here you can see Header,Leg etc.Kindly ,click on Leg and see F1 help of this.I think,this will make it automatically in VT01N.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Tried it, but since it is broadly classified as Leg instead of Main Leg, Preliminary & Subsequent leg, which wont fulfill our requirement.

Thank You,

Giridharan. S

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,you are right but for each and every leg ,I feel ,we dont have options in sap.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried it, but since it is broadly classified as Leg instead of Main Leg, Preliminary & Subsequent leg, which wont fulfill our requirement.

Without checking that field ( What I explained in detail above ) system is perfectly calculating cost of items for deliveries. think,It will fit perfectly to you also.

Now ,tell me ,what is the requirement of your's?.Can you tell me ,what is the main leg and preliminary leg meaning in your terms?

Thanks,

Naren