cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get images for buttons in iphone?

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed an agentry application it is having No.of list & detail screens and i placed images for the buttons also.

These images are working fine in ATE as well as in Android and also in iphone5. When I am testing the same in ipad and the later versions of iphone5 the button images are not coming.

Another problem is the label text is compressing i.e, the field label in mobile device is not displaying completely by default it is compressing.

All my button images are in .bmp format.

Please suggest the solution for this.

Thanks in advance,

Swaroopa Mallina.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroopa,

As mentioned by Jason its important what type of buttons you are creating. I consider that you are using standard buttons not transaction buttons.

From your first message of the post it look like that you have a problem with image not being displayed.

you need to do the following things

1) Copy the attached file home-all.jpeg, copy it to the folder called  "IMAGES" under agentry server.

in my case the images folder is under the following path.

\Agentry6\ServerDev\Application\Development\Images

NOTE:I have used bmp file but the forum editor does not allow me to attach the BMP extension file therefore I had to save it in JPEG file to get it attached to the post.

2) Create Image object under the agentry like the following

thanks

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

I am sharing the way we have created buttons in Agentry application. It gives great flexibility.

The output looks like the following

General settings

You have to define a field of type push button, One can use the Format: field to display lable on Button.

Rules setting (nothing to change)

Button Appearance here you give the image you want to dispaly on button.

I hope this will help.

thanks

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

Thanks for the reply. The solution what you mentioned above is working in screen sets. But I need the buttons in transactions(Add,Edit,Delete...etc) Here the problem is, In transaction detail screen I can't set the "action when selected" attribute even by selecting the edit type as button and the button as a push button.

Can you suggest me any other solution for this.

Thanks,

Swaroopa.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

You cannot run Actions from Transaction screens.  Agentry doesn't allow this.  That is why you cannot select an Action to run on those buttons you added to your Transaction screen.  Any Actions must be run from Detail or List screens like you mentioned.  What is your requirement?

To get around this, you could create a Detail screen that acts as a Transaction screen, then your action buttons would work.  What I mean by this:

Create an "Add" or "Edit" Transaction for the Object type you want to modify, "DummyAdd", or "DummyEdit", adding all properties required.

Create a detail screenset "TransactionDummy" with all your data entry fields.

Add Cancel and Save Action buttons.

Cancel Action closes the screen.

Save Action runs a silent transaction (No screen set) that scrapes the values from the screen and saves them in the transaction properties you have defined.  Point this to "DummyAdd" or "DummyEdit".  How this works:  If you have a screen field called "FirstName", your transaction will have a property called "FirstName" that gets its Initial Value from "Other object Property".  Use the Object Browser to point to "TransactionDummy" screen set -> current detail screen -> "FirstName" field.  This will pull the value from the screen field and save it in the transaction property.  Repeat for all fields.

Save Action finally closes the screen set.

Add any other screen buttons required and assign Actions to them.

Using the technique above, you are creating a "fake" transaction screen that can contain Action buttons.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jason,

Here my requirement is, I have a navigation button which will navigate to other screen when click. Every thing is fine but I need a appropriate image on the button for good look and feel.

I have tried this in many ways. I placed .png as well as .bmp images also.

These images are coming in android, iphone7. But not working in ipad. What is the problem with this.

Help me to find a solution.

Thanks,

Swaroopa.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

Should be working.  Can you please export your application from Eclipse (compressed) and either attach it here or e-mail it to me directly so I can look at the definitions and see what is wrong?  Let me know the screenset where you have the buttons that don't display images on iPad.  My e-mail is available by viewing my profile.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

The application you sent me has nothing but "Windows Mobile Pocket PC - Portrait - Scanner" platform defined for all screens.  I thought you were having trouble with the Apple platform?  You cannot necessarily deploy an application defined for PPC to Apple OS and expect it to work seamlessly.

Add the iPad or iPhone platforms to your screen set, then copy the existing ShowMenu_Detail_PPC_Scanner screen and rename it _iPad_ or _Apple_.  Publish and try again.  Those images also are very small and will not scale up very well.  You should create iPad versions of your images that are larger and will scale down to fit your buttons.  I would stick with PNG images for Apple.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

What version of Agentry are you using?  Try adding PNG images for your smart phone and tablet clients.  Use the same image name in the editor, but set the platform for the image appropriately (to iPad or iPhone).  Don't replace the existing bitmaps if they are working fine for you on Windows devices.  Agentry will then download the correct image depending on device.  You should only need one image for Apple devices, not two.  The iPad will use the iPhone image if it doesn't find a specific iPad image in the editor, and vice-versa.  This is determined by the ImagePrecedence.ini file in your Agentry server directory.

Jason Latko (Senior Product Developer at SAP)

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Agentry 6.0 version. I have achieved the problem of text compression by defining a style with size, text align properties and I mapped this style to the label property at field level.

But this button images issue is not completed. I have tried with ipad platform by using the screen and I inserted the .png image also, but it is not working.

I couldn't understand what you mentioned above(image precedence.ini). I have searched this file but I didn't found anything it is having all the platforms existed in agentry.

Can you explain me with some screen shots.

Thanks,

Swaroopa.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

Please clarify something for me.  I'm not sure what buttons you are trying to add images to.  Are you referring to push button screen fields you placed directly on your detail screen, or action buttons on the button tab or toolbar buttons on the button tab?

The ImagePrecedence file defines the order in which the server will serve up images for the various supported platforms before defaulting to the "All" image.  The server will move down the list for "iPad" when it detects the client is an iPad, and will look for images defined in the application that match the order in the precedence file under the "iPad" section.  The first match it finds, it will send to the client.  If no matches are found it will send down the "All" image as a default.  You can manipulate the order in the precedence file to fit your needs.  Maybe you always want the "Win32" images to be used on Windows and PPC clients.  Then you would need to move the "Win32" platform to the top of the list for each Windows platform in the file.